Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMHO, Lindsay Davenport is the real #3, and #4 to #13 are kind of interchangeable. Viewed in that light, this is a match between players in the chase group. One solid top ten player, and one of the three challengers.

If anyone has any knowledge of Myskina's game, please share.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Nastya has a non-overcomeable problem only against players who can completely overpower her, like Lindsay or Serena. Against hardhitters even of Dementieva class Kim usually plays a defender and wins mostly on her defending quality. Against Nastya she'll have to be an aggressor against another excellent defender and tactician. 50:50. Given that Nastya is fresh, and Kim stlil has a jetlag against her, even if it is a mild westbound jetlag, Nastya will win.

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Nastya will do Kim again, she's alot faster than Kim, her reading of the game is pretty good :)
Nastya still has these patches in her game when she goes off-color and lets a few games go by then tries to re-group.

Streaky still, she can rattle off alot of quick games with brilliant play or let a few by not so good play. (thats one of the joys of watching her play, just don't know which you will get) but she can change that in a flash.

·
Registered
12,277 Posts
I have to go with Kim too..Myskina is a great player, but Kim has been tearing it up lately and if her form holds true I don't think Myskina can do much damage.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Myskina has a better backhand than Kim. Kim has the better forehand. Both are extremely fast and can defend very well.

Its going to be a tough match whatever way you look at it. If Anastacia can serve well (get a high %) she should atleast be on par with Kim...but sometimes her serve gets shaky.

Good luck Nastya! :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Kim wins, I'm sure. If Kim keeps concentrated throughout the match, she'll win in two... if she starts struggling...well, I don't know, it could be a tight match then... but Kim wins, anyway. :bounce: :bounce:
I don't know what game myskina plays? can anyone help me?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think Kim will win!!!!! If she beat Barbara Rittner 6-1 6-0, I think it means she is in form!!! And I'm totally sure that Kim want to win a third time leipzig like her idol (Steffi Graf) did!!!!!

GO KIM

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
From the last two matches I saw Kim play, she looks to be in pretty frightening form. Still sometimes loses focus, but very determined to win, very focused.

I think Nastya may help Kim to win this. I think she can quickly give up in a couple of games if things won't go her way. But I expect this to be a close one.

I any case, I don't mind either of them to win. They should have put this match on TV :mad:

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Kim seems to be in form, and when shes playing well theres only a few players that can beat her, and Myskinas not one of them. Kim in two tight sets.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts