Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW, at a decent tier II as well.....plus this one started OUT with a good draw.

It's been a while since I remember so many seeds going out....seems at a clay event (Tier 4 or 5) in 2000 all seeds went out by round 2.

Still.....wow! and Kim and Daniilidou haven't played 2nd round yet.

Kim should get through, but Eleni will have a tough time with Cho!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great chance for Eleni to improve her ranking, I hope she can go all the way.
Anybody know when she will be playing? is ther anymore matches today?

·
Registered
93 Posts
matches cancelled, but really a good showing by daniilidou could put her around 12-14 in the world! the draw looks identical to a tier III or IV for real. I mean this tournie just sucks now, and I won't be surpirsed at all, if we end up w/ "little" coverage from espn, seeing serena is out, not putting her at the top, but she does draw the ratings, and davenport is out, i don't think we will get to see the "full" matches. they will cut some, they have to!

·
Registered
12,277 Posts
Wow it's looking pretty good for Kim now :D That is of course if she ever gets to play :rolleyes:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Why does this tourney suck if there are no big names left???

Everyone keeps complaining that there is no depth in womens tennis...and when things like this happen, its 'boring'.

lol..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hopefully Alex will come through and make it an exciting final by pushing Kim to three sets. At least that makes up for Serena's absence.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Raven said:
Why does this tourney suck if there are no big names left???

Everyone keeps complaining that there is no depth in womens tennis...and when things like this happen, its 'boring'.

lol..
exactly! i think it's totally exciting to see lower-ranked players come through. and look at acapulco! same thing happening there (coetzer was almost defeated as well).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts