1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
glad he's back to his winning ways.That 5 match losing streak when he barely won sets was not an easy thing to sit through

granollers next is very winnable

·
23,064 Posts
Thiem seems to be feeling well after that good win against Vesely as he said on FB. I hope he does well here, and I hope goes one step further from his last 500 event (Barcelona) performance. Maybe even the Finals as last year we have seen what a good run can do to Delbonis so maybe Theim could have one this week.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The match is on Court 1 tomorrow, so no Live-Stream. But we have 3 matches with random German players :eek:

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice comeback from Dominic, he was down 2-5 and saved a MP to win against Granollers 2-6 6-3 7-5 :yeah:

Next opponent is Leonardo Mayer (ARG).

Dominic leads the H2H 1-0 since he won 6-7(6) 6-2 6-4 in the 1st round of Qualies in Madrid.

If his serve gets better he has a good chance to reach the QF, where he would have to play against the winner of Lajovic and Krajinovic.

·
23,064 Posts
Nice to see sort of a battle between Young Guns on that Quarter -- Thiem, Lajovic and Krajinovic (with Mayer but of course not really a Young Gun) with a good chance for an SF. Hope Thiem seizes this, and has a good chance to get to the Final IMO if he really plays well. Is the R16 match live streamed?

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
tough one today. Shame because the draw was so open... still a good run for Domi, will be top 50 next week (probably).
Gstaad next, then. Let's hope for a kind draw there.
also: He'll be seeded @ Kitzbühel. If the Entry List from here is correct, that is. I know it's a pretty weak tournament, always has been, but it's nice, the first time it happens, right?

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, Dom lost to the eventual champion, so the loss doesn't sound that bad now :yeah:

Next week he will have to play against Troicki (SRB/WC).

·
23,064 Posts
I have to say that is quite a meltdown from Thiem frankly. :help: He had the 1st Set on his hands, but wasn't able to close it out. It allowed Troicki in the match and after Troicki read the returns he was practically a wall against Thiem most of the time. He was also kind of far behind the baseline than usual and didn't have a proper followthrough -- it was mostly crosscourts, and rarely did he use the BH DTL. Serve needs work too of course but we already know that. Also that 2nd Set game where he gave a double break seems concerning as I thought he kind of was error prone that time. Anyway time to regroup and be ready for Kitzbuhel. I wonder what Thiem is going to say about the result.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
I have to say that is quite a meltdown from Thiem frankly. :help: He had the 1st Set on his hands, but wasn't able to close it out. It allowed Troicki in the match and after Troicki read the returns he was practically a wall against Thiem most of the time. He was also kind of far behind the baseline than usual and didn't have a proper followthrough -- it was mostly crosscourts, and rarely did he use the BH DTL. Serve needs work too of course but we already know that. Also that 2nd Set game where he gave a double break seems concerning as I thought he kind of was error prone that time. Anyway time to regroup and be ready for Kitzbuhel. I wonder what Thiem is going to say about the result.
it's a shame he's learning from Melzdown. :p
Agree 100%, but well, the road to the top is long. Setbacks happen. Kitzbühel next it is, let's hope for a good draw. Bamos!

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I hope for a SF at least. He needs confidence the most now.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
well he won but it was ugly. hopefully he'll improve for vesely

he's tired, that much is true. i dont think we should expect much from him the rest of the season

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That was winning ugly. But - he won.

He should take a rest now for 4 weeks. But Bresnik said today in an interview for German Eurosport, that Dominic will have a hard physical training in November and December. And in November Dom will have to go to the military service too.

Bresnik said that he will prevent Dominic from playing too much next year.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
i wouldnt mind if he skipped both american hard court masters events to be honest. skip those, rest and play winston salem or something small before the US open. or you could go into the US open cold

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i wouldnt mind if he skipped both american hard court masters events to be honest. skip those, rest and play winston salem or something small before the US open. or you could go into the US open cold
That would be great, yeah.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Re: Clay Season Part 2: Hamburg, Gstaad, Kitzbühel

tomorrow is going to be very draining for him

granollers in the QF who he is 2-0 against but both wins have been hard and he's had to come back after dropping the first set. then its monaco/seppi. both very similar to granollers , both will be very hard for domi

if he gets through tomorrow i dont know how much he'll have left for a final

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It was a great week for Dominic :hug:

Losing to Goffin isn't a shame, but it seems that Goffin is to Dominic what Dominic is to Granollers :tape:

He cleary had no energy left in the tank. In the first set he was overpowering Goffin.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
yeah, it all looked good for him until those 2 missed break points in the 2nd set

still a great week for him.

i wish he'd skip the 2 north american masters but it doesnt look like he will

1 - 20 of 21 Posts