Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dominic will start his clay season on Monte Carlo.

1st round opponent is Pouille (FRA/WC), in the 2nd round he will have to play against Nadal :scared:

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I hope Thiem can shine during this clay season. :)

I also like Pouille, intersting match for me, I think Dominic should win this one. Nadal R2, well...

Do you know what is his schedule for the clay season? I've checked on the upcoming tournements sub-forum and I saw him on the entry list of:
- Barcelona
- Munich
- Madrid
- Rome
- Nice
- Roland Garros

Is that it?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Dominic will start his clay season on Monte Carlo.

1st round opponent is Pouille (FRA/WC), in the 2nd round he will have to play against Nadal :scared:
i don't think he should be scared of Nadal, it will be his first match on clay and he's in bad form, great chance for Thiem to show he's up to the level.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
domi into a 3rd set tiebreaker against vasek here. was a break ahead in the 3rd set but got broken back

1-0 pospisil

1-1

2-1 domi

2-2

3-2 domi

4-2 domi

5-2 domi

would love it if he could earn one of these next 2 points

5-3 domi

5-4 domi

okay then, just serve it out please.

5-5:mad::eek::rolleyes:

6-5 domi

6-6

he's going to lose this tie breaker 8-6, i can feel it

7-6 pospisil

7-7

8-7 domi

8-8

9-8 pospisil

please domi:sad:

9-9

10-9 domi

come on, close this out!

yes!!!

11-9 domi

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, this week he was really lucky with this draw.

R1 Pospisil 5-7 6-4 7-6 (9)
R2 Fognini (8) 6-3 6-0

QF against Gerald Melzer, they played twice in 2013, all matches went to 3 sets.

VF Kenitra Challenger Dominic Thiem 6-7 6-0 7-6
R32 Meknes Challenger Gerald Melzer 6-3 3-6 7-5

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
im kind of confused with his scheduling. he entered madrid qualies but that starts while he would still be in munich and playing so he cant possibly do both. either he stays in munich or takes off and tries to get to madrid where he has 3rd round points to defend

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im kind of confused with his scheduling. he entered madrid qualies but that starts while he would still be in munich and playing so he cant possibly do both. either he stays in munich or takes off and tries to get to madrid where he has 3rd round points to defend
They should have give him a WC since he defeated Stan there last year :mad:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
im pretty annoyed by it and im sure he is too. hopefully he can go all the way in munich and counter the point loss from madrid.
You can't expect anything from Madrid it is one of the worst run tournaments of the year.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Maybe he should take a WC into the Rome challenger for some practice...

·
Premium Member
62,010 Posts
Dom is about to start his match against Wawrinka. The Swiss has been very inconsistent lately, let's hope Dom can give him a good match :)

·
Premium Member
62,010 Posts
Dom never managed to raise his level to what he showed against Bolelli. A shame, Wawrinka was beatable today. 6-7(3), 4-6 end result.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice

Estrella Burgos 7-6 6-2
Kyrgios 4-3 ret.

Next up: Ernests again :lol:

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
will be interesting match.im torn,i really dont know who to hope for,i love both.

on one hand ernie really could use the points. on the other hand there is a chance for a title here for domi

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Domi def. Gulbis 6-2 6-4.

Good win, although Ernies FH was horrible :help:

Now against Isner ... I'm not expecting much :help:

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
7-6,6-3 over isner!!:worship::bounce:

so happy for him.into his 2nd final where he'll have a great chance at the title whoever comes through mayer/coric

that first set..closing it out was a mess but i forgive him

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
He has an okay draw but not amazing for RG:

Round 1: Bedene
Round 2: Cuevas
Round 3: Monfils
Round 4: Federer

I think Bedene is a tough first round but obviously it could of been a lot worse. Bedene won there last meeting at the Irving challenger on hard.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts