Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14,386 Posts
I am utterly disappointed. Some (Nole- and Fed)tards used to joke that he donated 2 slams to Murray which is not true, since in those 2 finals he couldn't raise his level, while Murray did a bit, compared to SF one.
Here Novak somehow went again into his 2016 fall shell, wasn't agressive enough and made too many errors. It was a pure donation to Murray.
I could not watch the start of 2nd set when he got broken twice, it was too much.

Hopefully he gets his mojo together for the AO and will be there in his best form come semi and final.
@Shinoj: he did fight yesterday, but it was little too late... and it was deuce in Murray's last service game, but he made a crucial error (hit it long) and that was it...

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Reality is he's involved with a cult that's destroying him. Pepe Imaz is a monster. Djokovic needs reprogramming.
You are so off the point. Pepe Imaz's main association is with Marko and has been around Team Djokovic for years now. Did you miss his presence with the team when Nole won Roland Garros this year? He is not the problem.

·
Registered
622 Posts
You are so off the point. Pepe Imaz's main association is with Marko and has been around Team Djokovic for years now. Did you miss his presence with the team when Nole won Roland Garros this year? He is not the problem.
Things are different now then in June because Becker and vajda are just Imaz assistants

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Novak has always done meditation and it helped him with his focus. But this is getting out of hand, Pepe is more high-profile these days. Also that Australian guy who is food-obsessed, and who approached Novak during the Australian Open thjis year. Since then Novak went on an even more radical diet, his shots are not as potent, he's losing muscle, both him and Jelena look like ghosts (I saw their pictures at Troicki's wedding and compared them to pictures form the 2015 USO final, they were glowing then, they look 8 years older now), Novak is more injury prone and his recovery takes longer.

Novak needs to get rid of those 2 guys asap and go back to his proven formula for success.

Happily, Boris said to Novak that he had to chose between him and Pepe and I'm trusting Novak will chose Boris.

If Novak choses Pepe, he's done. And the funny thing is: he won't be happy either, because to be happy one has to be true to oneself.

As a fan, I cannot complain. I was happy with one slam and Nole being the perennial #3. But then Nole gave us 2011, when he single-handedly put an end to the Fedal Era... and then he gave us 2015, the best season ever. And so much in the middle. :inlove:

What I would hate would be for Novak to reach the age of 40-50 and have regrets. It would make me sad. He has given so much happiness to so many people, he deserves to be happy.

I hope Novak makes the right choice for him. :)

·
Registered
14,386 Posts
both him and Jelena look like ghosts (I saw their pictures at Troicki's wedding and compared them to pictures from the 2015 USO final, they were glowing then, they look 8 years older now)
That's just exaggeration, Djokovic became a bit thinner since he left out meat/fish from his diet, though not looking 8 years older. That's just reaching.

Also that Australian guy who is food-obsessed, and who approached Novak during the Australian Open this year. Since then Novak went on an even more radical diet, his shots are not as potent, he's losing muscle, Novak is more injury prone and his recovery takes longer.
Obviously who is not following such a diet will have a huge dislike against it and will attribute it to Novak's recent flops, but even WHO recommends a balanced vegan diet and there are many vegan athletes, even bodybuilders.
Becoming more injury prone is part of reaching 29-30, when a lot of players experience that, regardless of diet and physical exercise. It is more related to wear and tear, number of matches played and playing style.

Happily, Boris said to Novak that he had to choose between him and Pepe and I'm trusting Novak will choose Boris.

If Novak chooses Pepe, he's done. And the funny thing is: he won't be happy either, because to be happy one has to be true to oneself.
I fully agree with this. Novak seemed in Paris/London as though something was bothering him deep inside; only he can solve this, meditation could bring a clearer state of mind, but those problems he has to cleanse in his mind. Even without Imaz he should succeed.

What I would hate would be for Novak to reach the age of 40-50 and have regrets. It would make me sad. He has given so much happiness to so many people, he deserves to be happy.
I fear a bit that he might get into a series of events which would make him even more uncertain and self-distrustful, but obviously he is the master of his own fate. At least at the top of the game and until permanent decline which should come only from the age of 34.
Even at his (arguably more taxing) playing style.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Agreed 100% with Yolita.

It is all Jelena's fault IMO. She went full tard with "healthy diets" and "meditation". Her ridiculous trip to Ecuador during the Wimbledon is what cost Novak better result there. She just packed up, left the 1 year old kid and went to "discover herself". WTF?

Her and Marko are behind hiring that troll Pepe.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Agreed 100% with Yolita.

It is all Jelena's fault IMO. She went full tard with "healthy diets" and "meditation". Her ridiculous trip to Ecuador during the Wimbledon is what cost Novak better result there. She just packed up, left the 1 year old kid and went to "discover herself". WTF?

Her and Marko are behind hiring that troll Pepe.
There are many factors at stake. I'm sure they're having problems and they must be very serious for her not to have been with her husband after a very painful loss, when he needed her most, not to mention in their second wedding anniversary, and with a toddler at home. Call me old-fashioned, but I never left my babies. I'm an academic and I either took them with me to my conferences or didn't attend. I just waited till they were older.

I read "Serve to win" and one can tell that there is a tendency towards the faddish in Novak: never did I imagine that Jelena would go "full tard" as you say. :lol: :lol:

I know for a fact that she can be very defensive (she answered one of my tweets, in a very condescending/passive-aggressive way...she deleted it later,but some screenshots had been taken by then :lol:)

Marko's life cannot have been easy, in his brother's shadow...

And Novak, being the loving, loyal man he is, is in a very tight spot.

I am a scientist: I believe in evidence. There is a Serbian scientist working in London, doing nutrition-related research for Olympic athletes: we contacted Novak in case he wanted to see the latest research available, but he didn't answer. We did our bit. :)

Novak has handled hostile crowds, hostile pressers, biased coverage, unfair scheduling, the toughest opponents ever, and he may be brought down by his own family. I never saw that coming. :lol: :lol:

I still think that Novak is not only the best tennis player around: also the most intelligent. I really trust him to make the right decision for him.

We can only wait and see what happens. If he decides to let Boris go and stay with Pepe and James Colquhoun(the Food Matters guy) then his winning days are over. I will continue supporting him, of course, but he will join my legion of flopping faves: Almagro, Bellucci, Tomic, Young, Gulbis... :lol: .

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Becoming more injury prone is part of reaching 29-30, when a lot of players experience that, regardless of diet and physical exercise. It is more related to wear and tear, number of matches played and playing style.
That is very true, of course. And many factors were involved in Novak's dip of form.

But just compare the pictures of Jelena at the USO final in 2015, positively glowing... and the pictures of her at Viktor's wedding.
There's no number of matches or playing style there.

Obviously we will never know what really goes on. The only person who has all the facts is Novak himself.

We all love Novak here and wish him the best. And I trust that he will navigate these problems, in the same way he has navigated problems in the past.

·
Registered
14,386 Posts
Novak did this year what most held for impossible for him before: he won RG.
I am most content with that.

He will embark on a new journey in 2017.
Happy New Year for Novak and for all of #Nolefam (all true Novak fans)!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
JFC, no one is already making his Doha 2017 yet :tape:
MTF is truly dead

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
21 - 33 of 33 Posts