Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the a thread for Paris Masters and World Tour Finals (I decided like this because I noticed our separate masters threads are quite short or nobody even bothers to make one- Shanghai :lol: )

Draw for Paris

:yippee:Ajde Nole:yippee:​

·
Registered
791 Posts
Go Nole!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I watched his first match vs Muller. Not so impressive, but it was enough to deny another set from the Luxembourgeois. I hope he picked up his form from the match yesterday vs Dimitrov to bulldoze his way into the the fourth title consecutive in Paris.

Allez Novak!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Novak really looks so out of himself right now. Who is this guy really?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Oh well, what an utter shit year after Roland Garros. Congrats to Andy Murray I guess. That's it. I'll take a break from watching Novak. If he doesnt seem to care too much about his tennis, why should I?

·
Registered
11,664 Posts
World Tour Finals is here with 4 time defending champion Novak Djokovic!

As even Roger Federer has said, "Novak is too good a tennis player. He will not stop winning big tournaments."

Despite some recent setbacks like Andy Murray wresting #1 away for the moment, Novak is well situated at the season ending World Tour Finals.

One thing that isn't clear is his health status, but he has over a week to recharge and get into the best possible shape in that time.

He probably has the best draw imaginable and should hope to take advantage and make it out of the group stage cleanly.

From there it might get more tricky, but he has won 4 straight World Tour Finals, so he knows what to do. I expect him to battle like a champion to the end.

It's time for all Nole fans to get behind their man and rally him to victory!

Ajde Nole!

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
World Tour Finals is here with 4 time defending champion Novak Djokovic!

As even Roger Federer has said, "Novak is too good a tennis player. He will not stop winning big tournaments."

Despite some recent setbacks like Andy Murray wresting #1 away for the moment, Novak is well situated at the season ending World Tour Finals.

One thing that isn't clear is his health status, but he has over a week to recharge and get into the best possible shape in that time.

He probably has the best draw imaginable and should hope to take advantage and make it out of the group stage cleanly.

From there it might get more tricky, but he has won 4 straight World Tour Finals, so he knows what to do. I expect him to battle like a champion to the end.

It's time for all Nole fans to get behind their man and rally him to victory!

Ajde Nole!
Hear, hear! :bigclap: :clap2: :bounce: :dance: :banana:

Sorry for my absence, I was away on holiday and visiting family in Europe, so I haven't watched tennis since the USO, with a few snippets here and there. But I will watch as many matches as I can this coming week.

Novak looks better and happier than he has looked in months, so I am hopeful.

I still believe that he has to go back to his gluten-free pescatarian diet and drop his veganism crazyness if he wants ro regain his fill strength and dominance, but he got a really nice group, he should qualify to the semis and let's see from there.

Greetings, my fellow Nole fans.

Here's to Novak regaining his #1. :worship:

·
Registered
11,664 Posts
Welcome back Yolita! One hopes you had an enjoyable time on the Continent.

I'm also glad to finally see another Nole fan here!

I don't know where all my favorite Nole fan's went? Maybe too busy with life? :shrug: Nole fan, Lee, Crvena Zvezda, Shinoj, and the rest. Twitter land?

RetourGagnant's posts were just too depressing for me to leave it at that.

It's a sad state of affairs in MTF to leave it to me to pick up the ball in this forum. ;) J/K.

After all, Nole still holds two majors in his bag. I look forward to the Australian Open. It is Novak's stronghold, much like Roland Garros was to Nadal.

I'm a fan of great tennis and one hopes that Nole has it him to keep providing us some great battles to enjoy!

Ajde Nole!

·
Registered
11,664 Posts
Nole's first Round Robin match today in London's World Tour Finals is against the up and comer, the dangerous Dominic Thiem.

I don't think this will be as easy as people say. It's true that Novak has a 3-0 record against him, but Thiem has nothing to lose.

This thread has to rally around Nole to get it done in a true sporting spirit!!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Nole :yeah:

·
Registered
10,173 Posts
So .. do you guys think that Novak raised his level compared to Paris and Shanghai ?
My opinion is that he did raise it, but not high enough for eventual SF opponent.

Also .. his first serve doesn't produce enough service winners as in the first half of 2016. He need those to be clutch in crucial moments

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
So .. do you guys think that Novak raised his level compared to Paris and Shanghai ?
My opinion is that he did raise it, but not high enough for eventual SF opponent.

Also .. his first serve doesn't produce enough service winners as in the first half of 2016. He need those to be clutch in crucial moments
I think his injury is not totally healed, and his serve suffers, but he'll have to win without his superb serve of the beginning of the year.

Novak was much better in the last sets, so he may play himself in shape.

It is a complicated thing, a little injury makes you guard it, you start missing shots that you didn't before, you start losing confidence, so you make more mistakes, etc.

I am hoping that every match he'll play better. He got angry, both on court and with the idiot journos: that's a very good sign. I like angry Nole, i hate passive Nole. :D

4 more matches, Nole. :) :cheerleader:

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Welcome back Yolita! One hopes you had an enjoyable time on the Continent.

I'm also glad to finally see another Nole fan here!

I don't know where all my favorite Nole fan's went? Maybe too busy with life? :shrug: Nole fan, Lee, Crvena Zvezda, Shinoj, and the rest. Twitter land?

RetourGagnant's posts were just too depressing for me to leave it at that.

It's a sad state of affairs in MTF to leave it to me to pick up the ball in this forum. ;) J/K.

After all, Nole still holds two majors in his bag. I look forward to the Australian Open. It is Novak's stronghold, much like Roland Garros was to Nadal.

I'm a fan of great tennis and one hopes that Nole has it him to keep providing us some great battles to enjoy!

Ajde Nole!

Hey MC, Thanks for keeping up the tempo in this thread.

Nole has been so dire since the French Open, I just couldnt watch him play and lose against Random players. And if Nole cannot keep up to his level of French Open i will have to take some time off Tennis totally,eventually.It pains and pierces my heart everytime i see him lose and that too in 2 Sets and in 4 Sets. Just not the Nole we know.

Hoping for a better Tournament.Thats the best we can do.:)

·
Registered
11,664 Posts

Nole has been so dire since the French Open, I just couldnt watch him play and lose against Random players. And if Nole cannot keep up to his level of French Open i will have to take some time off Tennis totally,eventually.It pains and pierces my heart everytime i see him lose and that too in 2 Sets and in 4 Sets. Just not the Nole we know.

No worries, carry on gang!

That's 1 in the win column so far, let us see what happens.
I think Nole must win 1 of the 2 remaining matches to assure himself of getting out of the group.
He or we can't take things for granted. One match at a time. Raonic can be very dangerous if his serve is on, and in best of 3, and Monfils is unpredictable.
But Nole has never lost to anyone in his group, so his chances look excellent if he can maintain the fighting spirit.

#NoleFam has a lot to cheer about so go for it!

·
Registered
4,369 Posts

Well, Shinoj, I'm sorry you suffer so much with Nole's form. Nothing lasts forever. :)

I will support Novak until he retires, win or lose... He has already done so much... It is painful to see his form, but it's now that he needs his fans' love. And he's getting it in spades in London. :inlove:

He's already looking much better and he has already qualified as the winner of the group. Not too shabby.

His next match he'll be able to play without pressure. I am very happy.

It's not the Nole of old, but it is still a joy to watch.

I am very happty with the way this tournament is going.

The British journos (some of them) embarrasing themselves, flaunting their bias and classlessness, and insulting each other in public is added entertainment for me. I'm a bad person. ;) :lol:

·
Registered
14,383 Posts

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
The two matches today were wonderful for different reasons.

The Milos-Andy match was much more exciting than I thought it would be. We didn't know who was going to win it till the very last point. Murray served for the match twice and got broken twice. Amazing TB... I felt sad for Milos, but he's getting there and I see him as a future #1. He is always improving.

The second match was beautiful precisely because it was not exciting :lol: It was a demolition job. Novak is finally looking like the old Novak (almost, not quite). I loved his defiance: his gestures after every break were full of emotion. Novak really wants this and I think we'll have a tremendous final tomorrow.

I'm not counting Murray out at all, but I am as happy as can be. Whoever wins tomorrow will be a worthy, deserving #1. Murray has also shown how much he wants it and has fought hard.

People are talking about tiredness. Well, yes. Murray played a lot of tournaments recently to be able to challenge Novak. He has played 88 matches (Novak 73), has been on court 187 hours (Novak 138). Almost 50 hours more on court this year. This is the last match of the season. Novak was more efficient winning ranking points, with fewer matches and much less time on court. Pay-off time.

:cheerleader: Idemo, Nole!

·
Registered
11,664 Posts
Commiserations to all Novak Djokovic fans, #Nolefam, etc. Nole did everything he could and played well to reach the final.

Today, he wasn't near his best for some reason. Maybe Murray, maybe himself, maybe the weather, who knows?

I thought maybe his vision was bothering him more than usual. His timing seemed way off on many shots, especially near the net, and even from the back of the court, which rendered many shots that seemed without power. Whatever, it was still a great season overall, epic 1st half, completing his career slam, Nole slam, more masters wins, etc.

Now Nole can take a break, be with his family, and recharge his mind and body for next year. He practically owns the Australian Open. Let's see how he does there before getting too down.

Take care all,
masterclass

1 - 20 of 33 Posts