Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
23 aces and straight setting a strong player. Raonic looking to be a serious threat to top players atm.

·
Registered
16,310 Posts
Doesn‘t he always kinda? He did at AO aswell and we got another shitshow

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Evans was up against it from the off. Didn't serve anywhere near well enough to give himself a chance.

Raonic looked pretty good but wasn't hugely tested.

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
Par the course. Looks good early but he will throw in a shit show at some point. Even if he doesn't I still dont see him winning it all. Hes more of the get close and then roll over in the final type

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doesn‘t he always kinda? He did at AO aswell and we got another shitshow
That is true, after straight setting Tsitsipas and Cilic, was disappointed by his performance against Novak but this court is faster and bo3 so he’ll have a better chance this time at least.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Par the course. Looks good early but he will throw in a shit show at some point. Even if he doesn't I still dont see him winning it all. Hes more of the get close and then roll over in the final type
Yeah he does have a history of bending over in the final even if he plays super well leading up to it. He has what it takes to beat the very best but he needs to believe he can do it.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Yeah he does have a history of bending over in the final even if he plays super well leading up to it. He has what it takes to beat the very best but he needs to believe he can do it.
I think he played a good final against Murray in 2016 - Andy was just too good for him that day.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I think he played a good final against Murray in 2016 - Andy was just too good for him that day.
That one was closer but others like his first few masters finals and the one in Indian wells that year where he got bageled by Djokovic were def underwhelming.

·
Registered
13,801 Posts
Milos is still top 10 level when he's healthy. The trouble is that he so rarely is these days.

Evans was clueless about how to even play him in this match, though.

·
Registered
13,801 Posts
I watched that recently again. And yeah, Raonic played quite well in the Wimbledon final that year. Murray was just very good and pulled out each of the TBs with some really solid play.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I watched that recently again. And yeah, Raonic played quite well in the Wimbledon final that year. Murray was just very good and pulled out each of the TBs with some really solid play.
Same year - WTF semi-final Raonic was a point or two from beating Murray and reaching the final. He was very clutch and on another day that is a win for Raonic. I think his match up with Nole and Andy isn't good as they just neutralize his serve which is his big weapon.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Same year - WTF semi-final Raonic was a point or two from beating Murray and reaching the final. He was very clutch and on another day that is a win for Raonic. I think his match up with Nole and Andy isn't good as they just neutralize his serve which is his big weapon.
Such a messy erratic dramafest that was. Not a match to praise for quality. Raonic showed impressive mental fortitude fighting to the end though. That's what sets him apart from the rest of his gen I think. Nishikori and Dimitrov are more talented/versatile besides the serve but their headstuff is lacking. If only Rao had Dimitrov's physique, his career might have rivalled Stan's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts