Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finn dude up 76 42 loses 3 service games in a row to trail 0-3 in the third

Korda up 5-2 in the decider, serving for the match at 5-3, gets broken to love

shoot me if this is the next generation. these boys could not close out a match if their lives depended on it

I read Korda's AO-winning, positively tested dad flew in for the match to support his son, I hope the old man tells his boy to not show up at his doorstep again before this little scrub paid back every cent of the airplane ticket, way to make your parents proud what a family

let's hope Berrettini humiliates Ruusuvuori today

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Korda led 3rd set 5-2* and had 0-30 on Ruusuvuori's serve so 2 points away from taking the match. Korda won indeed 2 more points from that situation but the scoreline wasn't quite 6-2. :D

Ruusuvuori said it was one of his toughest matches (mentally) ever. Didn't play well at all but got through.

Berrettini up next. Both players will look to hit big. Ruusuvuori in 2.

·
justice for all
17,445 Posts
Next gen mental titans of the game are rising.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Korda is progressing very nicely, he will be a top 25 player eventually. Or better.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
let's hope Berrettini humiliates Ruusuvuori today
Ruusuvuori is growing up so fast, he has his first hater already. I completely missed this match, didnt know he was playing here. Ruusuvuori has a sick forehand when it's dialed in, he could absolutely upset Berrettini, especially if he is a bit rusty

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

broken record still nothing learnt I see. well Berrettini gonna wake you up later on :D

·
Registered
1,958 Posts

broken record still nothing learnt I see. well Berrettini gonna wake you up later on :D
You take your posting seriously sir, that is admirable

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
A truly devoted hater indeed, I see, on this forum for Emil 😆. That takes something to achieve.

I watched the match partly and have to admit it was a hard task at times. Both of these two young fellas a bit lost every now and then. And you really couldn't tell who would be the one to mentally be able to take the win.

Korda showing much more negativity on the court after losing his serves etc., while Emil remained calm - just like a true Finn does - even during the horrendous end for 2nd set (didn't watch it all, but as far as I saw that was the case).

But like they say, win is always a win, and Emil clearly was the one who was able to concentrate on taking the win in the decider, while Korda was all over the place at that stage.

Both of these youngsters still have a long way to go, as you can't gift sets like that to more experienced players.

But hey, Jannik, the one who's supposed to be the next 'real thing' didn't even make it to the MD, losing to his own countryman Caruso in the qualies (and I'm saying this as a big fan of Jannik). All these young guys need is more experience on competitive matches, that's all. And naturally some of them will never make it to the top, while others do.

Can't see Emil having that much chances against Matteo, but you never know. I already said in another thread that on a good day he's already capable of beating practically anyone. May there be loads of more of those good days to come in the future.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Fyi, @jojjeshruk, almost forgot to tell you that Emil has also made it to the main draw of USO, so be prepared to follow his match(es) there as well (y). Or possibly you already knew that.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wait I've seen you before too, a very dedicated circle of supporters we have here and of course also finnish lulz let's see if you will still be around when he is still ranked 100-150 five years from now. my guess is no and that you will have moved on to the next "promising" Scandinavian player by then. don't mistake Foolsuvuori's win last night for a quality effort. He was absolutely horrible, just lucky enough to run into the one player in the draw that was even worse that day.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Good point!
I do support each and every fella out there whom I like, just like you seem to hate each and everyone you (randomly? ) choose from the bottom of your heart. Some people get h*lla lot out of hatred, I know that.

But your trolling actions are getting so devoted against certain players, that I'll soon have grant you some sort of title for that. Clearly waiting for that with these posts, you, I can tell :sneaky:.

But pls, get your facts right first (as your trolling will be much more of an amusement after that): Finland is not part of Scandinavia. Don't fall into the trap of those non-educated people who try to tell you otherwise.

And Jannik is not exactly Scandinavian either, neither is he from Nordic countries, so some logic missing from you here. Better luck next time.

Finally, I'm sorry that I'll soon have to stop this delightful conversation with you as my all time favourite is about to enter the grandstand. Can't wait for your comments on that match, as both players may still be in an awfully rusty form, so don't forget to keep them coming 🤗.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1. This topic is neither about Mugray, nor about Sinner (how did he do this week? ooops, another outstanding next gem gen). I know you love talking about your favorites, but this is not the place. This is the place to talk about the extremely overrated Ruusuvuori and how he will never be a top25 player

2. Finland has been part of the Swedish kingdom for very long. The official perception that it does not belong to Scandinavia is as incorrect as the perception that the Earth is not round.

3. I don't get anything out of hatred. I am just realistic. Ruusuvuori plays like garbage. I call him out on that. Boohoo I'm just an evil hater. But hey, even that I'd take over passive aggressiveness :)

4. Thank you for your time writing this long paragraph. I'll be gentle and keep my fingers crossed for Emil to win 5 games at least later on that you will not be too disappointed.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
wait I've seen you before too, a very dedicated circle of supporters we have here and of course also finnish lulz let's see if you will still be around when he is still ranked 100-150 five years from now. my guess is no and that you will have moved on to the next "promising" Scandinavian player by then. don't mistake Foolsuvuori's win last night for a quality effort. He was absolutely horrible, just lucky enough to run into the one player in the draw that was even worse that day.
Jokes on you, except for Nieminen no Finn has been a regular in the top 150 in the past 20-30 years. So in fact yes we will actually be following him irrespective of rankings

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
no you wont, dont pretend
Useless arguing with you, we all know that by now. Yet sometimes even trolls can catch my attention, 'cause I'm in the mood for writing and playing around a bit. That can be fun when I'm in the mood for it.

Matteo won tonight, even though he didn't play much better than Emil. Emil then again, he fought hard, just like he had on his agenda. That was almost good enough to beat Matteo, who was seemingly taken by surprise by Emil's attitude & game, and yes, Matteo appeared rusty, just like at least half of the field does.

But guess what? I happen to like Matteo as well, so enjoyed watching the match and the result will do just fine.

As for me forgetting about Emil soon, :sigh:. Should you really need to know, he happens to be a family friend having played lots of tennis with my brother during the school years. And you seriously think that a few losses on tour would make someone just forget about a friend?

@jojjeshruk also has a very good point above, which applies to all Finns.

Yet, I don't think you care about that at all. Now that you told us, in the thread re Andy's win over Sascha, that you're done with tennis where the likes of Andy etc. can win, you'll surely be better off finding another sport that you like better.

Lots to choose from, just hard to find one with predictable results serving only one person's interest, but you might get lucky and find your soulmates and worthy winners somewhere else.

And yes, I may have been wrong about your hatred towards tennis players as such, it's the sport itself you clearly disliked most all the time, yet you were stuck on this forum.

Goodbye now mate, and have a great future with your new chosen sport.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts