Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't get it, how the coach and especially the brother of Alex don't stop him to play tournament after tournament :eek:

He is only 17 years old, he needs some time to regroup now. What's the point in losing in straight sets to every opponent after the run in Hamburg? :help:

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
He's had enough rest since his last match. He's played qualifiers in many ATP and CH tournaments for more than 1 year he prefers this to playing futures.

·
Registered
9,394 Posts
He was constantly losing before his wins in Braunschweig and Hamburg, not really worried by this loss since it looks like Paire is finding his form again.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
pretty disappointing scoreline, tbh...

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
I don't think he finds partners like Paire in training sessions. So why not taking this match as preperation for USO qualies? Coming early to the US helps and getting the atmosphere of bigger events isn't bad either.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Zverev isn't all that anyway, expected scoreline especially on this surface

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
useless besides germany

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I don't get it, how the coach and especially the brother of Alex don't stop him to play tournament after tournament :eek:

He is only 17 years old, he needs some time to regroup now. What's the point in losing in straight sets to every opponent after the run in Hamburg? :help:
What you need to understand is that if he didn't play this tournament. He would have spent the week training with his brother and dad. Because he signed up for Cincy, he now has the opportunity to spend the week hitting with Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and the lot. Sure it's only for an hour a day, but that's the level he wants to be at, so why not?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts