Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, that was a weird tournament. Do I even need to say how weird that was? I have no words, other than 'Go JCF!' I bandwagonned for him all week, and it was nice. Started cheering for him against Blake even though I didn't think he stood a chance, and just kept it up with growing pleasure. I'd never actually seen him play before. Let me also say that Roddick is the only player I've seen whose body language on- and off-court impresses me (Rafa's drives me crazy), but boom-boom tennis makes me wonder why I'm watching. I'd rather watch two claycourters grind it out, and I find that boring. My faves tend to have beautiful games when they're on, and I'm a sucker for a good backhand, e.g. Safin, Haas, Fish...even Federer's weaker shot is better than many people's better shot. I'm sure I'd be a Gasquet fan too if I had seen him play more. So, yeah, not a Roddick fan, but good for him for getting his confidence back.

Mediazone hasn't said anything about a US Open package, so :(. Maybe Deb will let me come over again for the final and maybe the semis, since they're at a reasonable time of day.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts