Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Banned
9,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After No1e won Wimby by beating the computer #1 and the player who beat the computer #2, he showed that he’s back. He showed that when he’s healthy and fit, he’s the best player in the world and is in a league of his own. Nobody else comes close.

Then Canada came and a lot of people, including some No1e fans who I won’t name, started foolishly doubting him again after his loss, even though even a blind person could’ve seen that he tanked Canada to ensure he wins Cincy and USO. Anyways, then Cincy began and it didn’t start as planned. No1e unexpectedly got a stomach virus, which sapped him of his strength and energy and made him not play his best tennis throughout the entire tourney. However, he fought through it because that’s what the BOAT and GOAT does. He didn’t quit or pull out like the others would’ve. He had to face so much adversity, and despite being limited because of his stomach virus, he conquered it all. Despite all of this, it still didn’t stop some people from doubting him, including some No1e fans. Some even started proclaiming that he isn’t ready to win the USO or any HC title. Well, No1e is now 1 win away from the Cincy title and becoming the first and only player to win every masters title.

5 down, 1 to go. No1e will be crowned the champion of Cincy tomorrow and not even a stomach virus limiting him will prevent this from happening.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Regroupovic :bowdown:

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
As soon as he put his white shirt on at the beginning of the third set, this match was over .. IDEMO !!!!!

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Great tennis, Cilic playing insanely good, great to watch. Djokovic best yet at Cinci, some muggery but some inspiring things to look forward to for USO.

·
Registered
28,788 Posts
Heh. Djokovic still far from his best, but the mental part of the game will always be Cilic's weakness. Even though Marin is a fighter, he so often gets tight when it really matters.

Anyway, good result. Now let's hope for a Fedole final

·
Registered
397 Posts
GOAT performance from No1e.

Mugrin played good as well. Always interesting when really talented balkan boys meet each other. Very good match,hope No1e takes it all tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
22 hours spent on the courts of Cincinnati and counting :rocker:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
As I said in my previous post, this tournament is for Nole to win. His opponent is inconsequential. The only chance for either Roger or Goffin to win against the BOAT/GOAT in the finals is for Nole to choke or another stomach flu or injury. No offense meant to Roger, I like him too but I like Djokovic better.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Cilic played wayyyy too tight in the third, blew some serious opportunities. had more break points than Djokovic

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Cilic is so inconsistent in his game its amazing.. his defense is pretty bad but he gave some amazing points..
Novak was solid,good defense and he was better in the crucial moments,i think that his FH is still weak.
If Roger will advance to the final,it will be very hard to predict

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Djokovic played a great tactical match, he didn’t look like the better player for long periods, but still he managed to get the win. Some vintage BHDTL shots and the passing shot to get the deciding break were pretty nice, it’s now pretty obvious that Novak will have a few more years competing at the very top. Cilic didn’t play badly either, but his average BH got exposed whenever he couldn’t dictate a rally with his ripping forehand. Just like the Queens match, very little separated the two and they should both have confidence heading into USO.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts