Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well that happened. The streak continues.

Hope both guys get well soon for next week.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
Novak just showed his superiority by beating Agut even with neck and stomach discomfort. Novak was barely at 10% of his abilities, and he STILL won. I’m so proud of Novak right now. Novak has now won 25 matches in a row and also improves his H2H against Agut to a dominating 9-3.

Now go win that second career golden masters, champ!

·
Registered
17,892 Posts
The strangest Bo3 match of all time for me.

RBA so dominant in 1st set, then Djokovic taking a tactical MTO in 2nd, then roof closing, then a very WTA-like breakfest in 3rd set.
Novak had 5-2, then losing 4 games in a row, but then breaking back with the only BP he could get there.
Then bagelling RBA in TB.

Winners 41-26 (7-4 service winners) for Djokovic

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't get how Djokovic fans can complain he does not get any love?
Amazon prime commentators have been gushing over him 20 minutes straight.

·
Registered
21,900 Posts

Dramavic battles through stomach pain, neck pain, COVID-19, SARS, bird flu and various shenanigans to get the win

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,302 Posts
Djokovic got out of a sticky one there, found just enough good shots to edge it. Shame TB went limp fast but it's true to say RBA is a real toughie for Novak.

·
Premium Member
9,177 Posts
Nice faking and roof advantage to beat RBA.

·
9,525 Posts
Novak just showed his superiority by beating Agut even with neck and stomach discomfort. Novak was barely at 10% of his abilities, and he STILL won. I’m so proud of Novak right now. Novak has now won 25 matches in a row and also improves his H2H against Agut to a dominating 9-3.

Now go win that second career golden masters, champ!
Which player you talking abou?

Reactions: nachotuerto

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
This match is bascally a prime example of what I think of Djokovic mentality wise. Not necessarily the clutchest player, but sick winning mentality. That TB was insane, 3 aces, 2 outstanding returns (missed point 2 + 3 because of stream issues).

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
It must be cruel to play a close match against Djokovic. He looks vulnerable enough to give you hope, but then, just when you get as close as you can to winning, he just turns on GOAT mode and crushes your heart.

After 3 hours, RBA will be a broken man with nothing to show for his efforts. Still, a semi-final at a Masters - that's a his first since 2016, so he should be proud of what he's achieved.

Tomorrow's final will be interesting. We'll see how well Raonic's serve can hold up against Djokovic. From their previous matches, not very well. Raonic has only ever won two sets against Djokovic. But, on the positive note, one of sets happened in Cincy 2018 at a similarly fast court.

·
Registered
17,892 Posts
Dramavic battles through stomach pain, neck pain, COVID-19, SARS, bird flu and various shenanigans to get the win
Minus COVID-19, SARS and bird flu.

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Djokovic improves to 10/10 tiebreaks won in 2020 so far, and has now won 19 of the past 20 tiebreaks he has played dating back to the 2019 Wimbledon final. Ridiculously good.

Way too clutch in TBs this guy.

·
54,302 Posts
This match is bascally a prime example of what I think of Djokovic mentality wise. Not necessarily the clutchest player, but sick winning mentality. That TB was insane, 3 aces, 2 outstanding returns (missed point 2 + 3 because of stream issues).
2 and 3 were RBA crosscourt FH unforced errors

·
9,525 Posts
Oh so issues not just me...tennis tv

·
54,302 Posts
It must be cruel to play a close match against Djokovic. He looks vulnerable enough to give you hope, but then, just when you get as close as you can to winning, he just turns on GOAT mode and crushes your heart.

After 3 hours, RBA will be a broken man with nothing to show for his efforts. Still, a semi-final at a Masters - that's a first for him, so he should be proud of what he's achieved.

Tomorrow's final will be interesting. We'll see how well Raonic's serve can hold up against Djokovic. From their previous matches, not very well. Raonic has only ever won one set against Djokovic. But, on the positive note, it happened in Cincy 2018 at a similarly fast court.
RBA made Shanghai F by beating Djokovic in 2016. He also made Madrid Sf in 2014.

·
Registered
117 Posts

After 3 hours, RBA will be a broken man with nothing to show for his efforts. Still, a semi-final at a Masters - that's a first for him, so he should be proud of what he's achieved.

Tomorrow's final will be interesting. We'll see how well Raonic's serve can hold up against Djokovic. From their previous matches, not very well. Raonic has only ever won one set against Djokovic. But, on the positive note, it happened in Cincy 2018 at a similarly fast court.
He played the final in Shanghai against Murray in 2016

1 - 20 of 141 Posts