Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
23,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recovered well from a very slow 1st Set (I think he has nerves probably having flashbacks of the past R16s). Cilic lowered his level in the 2nd and 3rd Set, but Stan tried to tough it out. First Masters QF since MC. I hope he is relieved now.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Cilic GOATing in the last two sets ...

·
Registered
221 Posts
it was a bit of a weird match really. Cilic seemed to die off In 2nd set and seemed to only come alive @ deuce points in 3rd set?

W has a good chance of making SF.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Cilic melted down for no apparent reason

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Mugrin is a blight on humanity. Pure beta. How can you have such a meltdown after winning the first set.

Or, was he injured?

·
23,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wawrinka was erroneous during the start, although surprisingly, from the stats he had a high 1st Serve %. Cilic solid on serve, and didn't give Stan much. 2nd Set though Cilic started to become erroneous too and Stan improved his returning. With that R16 Masters monkey hopefully out off his back (hopefully), I hope he plays freely against Benny. Good opportunity for an SF.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Wawrinka was erroneous during the start, although surprisingly, from the stats he had a high 1st Serve %. Cilic solid on serve, and didn't give Stan much. 2nd Set though Cilic started to become erroneous too and Stan improved his returning. With that R16 Masters monkey hopefully out off his back (hopefully), I hope he plays freely against JJ. Good opportunity for an SF.
I hope that you meant Mugrin playing freely against Jerkzy in the hall of shame.

·
23,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope that you meant Mugrin playing freely against Jerkzy in the hall of shame.
Corrected. ;)

Interesting stat: 3rd Set, Stan has 26% 1st serve, while Cilic has 66%. How could someone lose that much against someone with 26% first serve? Even from the points won Stan was not that dominant. Also, both 2nd and 3rd Sets Stan won all 1st serve points I think. Compare to first Set where he had 68% 1st serve points won.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Was Cilic injured?

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Last five sets between these two: 60 62 36 60 61.

Happy with this result.

Stans season in 2014 is still phenomenal.
He won his first Major,
his first Masters,
and he reached his first Wimbledon Quarterfinal.

Well done.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Mmmm bagel :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts