Nuff said

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Nid

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Last set was the best set Federer played in years.....and he needed it because Monfils was GOATing in that set.

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
great match, yes some clowning but some great tennis too

some of Roger's highlight reel shots... :bowdown:

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
I'd blame Monfils for this loss, but it's easier and more effective to blame the Umpire.

Entertaining shiz.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Incredible shotmaking from both guys, Fed turned back the clock at times and was rallying like the days of old, and rediscovered his FH power.

Monfils clowned randomly, as always, but came up with some ridiculous and spectacular shots.

Great entertainment :worship:

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Pretty good match

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
The first set was clownish, second set was all about Fed's carelessness, third set great tennis. Many long rallies. Dulltards should agree this is good tennis.
You have to give Monfils some credit. I've never seen Fed's serve got returned again and again, which must be frustrating for Fed who is now heavily relying on his serve. My god even Murray cannot return that way.

·
Registered
28,788 Posts
Lucky to get out of that one old Roger. Some clowning but also good quality tennis to be found in this match

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
High quality stuff, despite what MTFers will inevitably say. It took a while for the action to pick up, but both guys really played solid stuff in the 3rd set. Federer finally had a day where his baseline game was working well. Monfils hit some incredible shots too

All in all, a very entertaining match. Best of the US Open series so far IMO

1 - 20 of 75 Posts