Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Djokovic got the break and leads 2-1 in the 3rd set, before play got suspended again because of rain. It's the 2nd match on center court today, following the womens match.

Could only see the highlights, so can't say much about the match. Judging from the highlights, Grigor played well in the 1st set.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Re: WWW Cincinnati R3 [10]Djokovic vs. [5]Dimitrov 2-6 6-3 2-1 [Play suspended]

Quelle surprise.... Diva bending over as always. Once a loser, always a loser. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,905 Posts

Nole already has the break in the 3rd? This is over... So annoying Dimitrov always wastes these chances against top players.
Ability is definitely there, just lacking that mental killer instinct.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts

After Gasquet, Dimitrov is maybe the most pathetic performer against the Big 3 out of anyone who has reached Top 8 in the last decade or so..

I mean, even Ferrer/Berdych matchups against superior versions of Fedalovic weren't this predictable..

·
Registered
1,591 Posts

Pathetic choke from Dimitrov, was 6-2 3-1 up.

And can’t forget this, was at *3-2 bp down.
I was looking at the score periodically, and it was around that time that I just gave up on the match, chalking it up as a loss for Djokovic.

How quickly things can turn around. :grin2: That says something about mental strength, when you can find a way to shift gears even when everything seems hopeless.

I think in the future I'll avoid checking the score in the middle of his matches, and just take a look once everything's finished. :wink2:

·
Registered
1,591 Posts

Grigor ? no Grigor so close. Maybe he’ll turn it around tomorrow
I guess that all depends on your definition of "it." ;)

Seriously, he could turn things around—you just don't ever know for sure. But I suspect Djokovic will pull it out.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts

It’s not surprising, Nole though is not starting well in matches lately so let’s see tonight. It’s pretty surprising how fans of the former number one are admitting that he needs a choke from Dimitrov to be able to turn the things around.Sad to see.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts

Djokovic just upped his game at the last available time to actually do it. Dimugtrov is surely a mug anyways, but Novak started picking up the pace. Which makes me think, that due to his slow start in Cinci matches, Novak can still lose this today.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts

Pathetic choke from Dimitrov, was 6-2 3-1 up.

And can’t forget this, was at *3-2 bp down.

Clown @ProdigyEng
Unlike you the guy is tennis fan . Just happens Novak is one among many players and his playing style is among those he likes.
Yet you of all posters here have audacity to call him clown and targeting him while he is not posting at MTF, basically calling MTF pack to laugh mockingly at him.
As you know guy attended many tennis tournaments because he loves this game so much . Have you?

Novak is playing horribly on HC this season, esp at the beginning of sets . Grigor can turn things around and win. Then computer warriors would laugh hysterically at ND choke.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts

Unlike you the guy is tennis fan . Just happens Novak is one among many players and his playing style is among those he likes.
Yet you of all posters here have audacity to call him clown and targeting him while he is not posting at MTF, basically calling MTF pack to laugh mockingly at him.
As you know guy attended many tennis tournaments because he loves this game so much . Have you?

Novak is playing horribly on HC this season, esp at the beginning of sets . Grigor can turn things around and win. Then computer warriors would laugh hysterically at ND choke.
?? I called Dimitrov a clown and I’m his fan :p

I tagged ProdigyRep because he’s the one that made the gif so only fair I acknowledge him there. I didn’t attack Joe there

·
Registered
3,610 Posts

?? I called Dimitrov a clown and I’m his fan :p

I tagged ProdigyRep because he’s the one that made the gif so only fair I acknowledge him there. I didn’t attack Joe there
Ok . It would be really bad if you did.
Then my apologies to you

·
Registered
6,031 Posts

Just lol :haha:

·
Registered
10,405 Posts

Yes, he can. He probably won't, though. He's kind of missing the killer instinct, especially against the Big 3. If Dimitrov was up against Murray instead, he might've stood a real chance.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts

Yes, he can. He probably won't, though. He's kind of missing the killer instinct, especially against the Big 3. If Dimitrov was up against Murray instead, he might've stood a real chance.
Grigor is defending champ here after all , playing solid tennis comparing to grass. Those are conditions that suits his game the most I would say .I watched parts of MZverev match and he was striking the ball with authority . I believe he is giving and will give his best effort to defend his points, and as I said Novak is playing horrible tennis here and in Toronto.

·
Registered
10,267 Posts

At the start of the first set, Novak barely managed to hold his service games. Slightly better level than JOhnson/Mannarino but the serve was missing.
He started to implement Bh DTL and FH DTL and was trying to move Grigor our of balance. But since he rarely uses DTL's nowadays he had tons of UEs and Grigor quickly took over the rallies and with no serve to show Novak lost the 1st set 2-6

Second set continued in similar fashion but Novak started to lower his UEs and to play little bit smarter, However Grigor still had momentum from the 1st and scored another break.
Novak still raising his level, we saw first break points, but Grigor clutch serve saved the game for a moment. Novak fights and still raises his ground level - prevents Grigor to close the 5th game. Than DF and Djokosmash at the hands of Grisho and just like that we are leveled.

All of a sudden, Dimitrov makes UEs while Novak confidently takes care of rallies. Grigor attempts to match by raising his own level a bit, but Novak is there to close the door.

The first rain delay was too short for Dimitrov to forget about what happened. As result he got broken again.

However, it will be much more difficult today for Novak. Grigor has time to calm down and Vulverdy to remind him what he needs to do to play as in the 1st.
Vajda is the key here and he has to step up and to prepare Novak well. Vajda together with the psychologist have to make sure that Novak is ready and that he doesn't have slow start again.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts

If the rain stayed out for another 15 minutes, Dimitrov would have been steamrolled the rest of the way. He gets a reprieve here-- a small chance to get back in this match since Djokovic has been having patchy starts in this entire summer HC season..

·
Registered
21,275 Posts

If the rain stayed out for another 15 minutes, Dimitrov would have been steamrolled the rest of the way. He gets a reprieve here-- a small chance to get back in this match since Djokovic has been having patchy starts in this entire summer HC season..
The issue is that I feel that Gen U have no belief vs the big 3, specially Djokovic because they have faced the best version of him, not necessarily Fedal but certainly Djokovic best version and with the constant beatdowns over the years they’re mentally scarred. Raonic has no wins vs Djokovic and Kei’s performance vs him after USO 14 are horrific. As you can notice, Next gen didn’t have that bad luck to face peak Djokovic so they have more belief vs him and thus can actually beat this subpar version of Djokovic. Tsitsipas, Zverev, Chung, Kyrgios etc.

I agree the rain delay benefits Dimitrov but ultimately it won’t matter. The result will be the same, next round it’s Raonic as well, expect the same. Shapovalov would have a harder test for Djokovic with his intensity and fearless attitude.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts