Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Registered
you beat me to it ^^

Reactions: -Dominator-

Registered
Djokovic was solid, way better than yesterday. I like what I'm seeing, tennis wise. What I don't like is him keeping on doing that celebration, I honestly switched the channel when I saw him throw love to the empty stands, the cringe was too much for me.

Banned
This is the kind of form that will win Novak the USO really soon. :) Also, his neck is feeling way better than yesterday and he expects to be 100% really soon.

Banned
Djokovic was solid but not much more.

Sandgren was horrific. Gifted the second break and failed the re-break BP when Djokovic was very sloppy. He could have tied the set up...

Reactions: SetPointDown

Banned
The one time I root for Djokovic cause alt righter needed to be kicked out. Djokovic was solid and Sandgren was cheeks but Djokovic will have it tough against an in from Struff.

Registered
The one time I root for Djokovic cause alt righter needed to be kicked out. Djokovic was solid and Sandgren was cheeks but Djokovic will have it tough against an in from Struff.
Djokovic, if he keeps up this level will school Struff. He is on a different planet.

Registered
Novak 20-0 in 2020, Struff will be another step-up before Meddy in the real final

Registered
Djokovic was solid, way better than yesterday. I like what I'm seeing, tennis wise. What I don't like is him keeping on doing that celebration, I honestly switched the channel when I saw him throw love to the empty stands, the cringe was too much for me.
Flipping hell, he's still doing it?!
Even when there's audience it was to cringe for me i always changed the channel when he was about to do it, can't even imagine now...

Registered
Much better than yesterday, but I didn't see that one, so I only can go from what some of you told us in the other thread.
Sandgren didn't believe for a moment he could maybe win.

Djokovic doesn't drive volley, does he?

Reminded me a bit of Stanimal-Klizan.
That was clearly aimed at the Slovakian's body, Wawrinka's nastiest moment of all his career, almost hitting into his balls. Also he did not play like Stanimal there
You have some major delusions if you compare the 2 shots, this one was targeted just on the court and while Sandgren held his racket that way, it caught the edge of it...

Reactions: 2MatchPointsDown

Registered
That was clearly aimed at the Slovakian's body, Wawrinka's nastiest moment of all his career, almost hitting into his balls. Also he did not play like Stanimal there
You have some major delusions if you compare the 2 shots, this one was targeted just on the court and while Sandgren held his racket that way, it caught the edge of it...
Or......it reminded me of that match, because this one too had a moment in which one player had an easy shot and hit the other player. I'm not talking about the intention of Djokovic, am I? It surprised me to see him smashing the ball instead of using the drive volley and then I thought about I never see him using the drive volley technique.

Djokovic fans taking everything personally and unnecessarily defending their guy 馃う鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
Or......it reminded me of that match, because this one too had a moment in which one player had an easy shot and hit the other player. I'm not talking about the intention of Djokovic, am I? It surprised me to see him smashing the ball instead of using the drive volley and then I thought about I never see him using the drive volley technique.

Djokovic fans taking everything personally and unnecessarily defending their guy 馃う鈥嶁檪锔
I just didn't take this one anyway as an attack against Djokovic, more like I remembered the other one, which was clearly a whole different situation, you could have provided a better smash example, not that one, I just merely pointed out.

Drive volley is a thing many players are incapable of as it is so rare on today's courts as it gets.

justice for all
Good tennis from Djokovic but he could really spare us these cringy kisses and hugs - it鈥檚 pretty embarrassing.

Registered
Good tennis from Djokovic but he could really spare us these cringy kisses and hugs
I agree, without spectators it is even more pointless now...

Registered
Maybe he鈥檚 doing it for his fans at home but no matter how silly it looks, if it keeps him motivated to win, it鈥檚 all good. Btw, Swiss ballerina should take notice, that鈥檚 how u dispose a grinder in straight sets.

Registered
Crisp ball striking, redirecting heavy balls to create winners instead of just spinning them back into play...I like what I'm seeing

MONSOON season.
Didn't see the first match, but was doubtful about Djokovic's level based on the comments and the scoreline. He was impressive against Sandgren though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts