Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fog giving us a lesson on how to serve out matches at 5-3 right there. Hewitt was absolutely horrific for most this though, not as bad as the Benneteau match last week but still unsurprisingly shit. Even ended on a DF for good measure.

·
Registered
57,587 Posts
That was just ridiculous. He's probably injured, but if so why is he playing? Fognini's pushing has reached levels never before seen...

Also, how bad was Melzer to pull off his usual choke against Hewitt.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Fog did not serve out the match. Hewitt double faulted on match point. Hip surgery or not, I'd never thought I'd see Hewitt play this shitty ever. 30 UFE to 8 winners... And he didn't even try to punish Fog's moonballs. Just Wow.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Even a clown like Fognini looks like a talented shotmaker when compared to Hewitt. And to think this is the type of player Fraud used to face in slam FINALS :superlol::haha:

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
ugh ugh ugh :facepalm:

that was terrible. At least Rusty won a match this time. He shouldn't be playing at all, really.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
:facepalm:

Rest Lleyton

·
Registered
33,355 Posts
That was just ridiculous. He's probably injured, but if so why is he playing? Fognini's pushing has reached levels never before seen...

Also, how bad was Melzer to pull off his usual choke against Hewitt.
Fognini isn't always pushing in the match.

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
I think Lleyton should stop playing the rest of the year after the USO and just train hard for 3-4 months to get ready for Australia and then retire. If I was in his shoes that's what I'd do.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
nid

second set :facepalm:

·
Banned
558 Posts
Brad Gilbert said in the Facing Hewitt book that you don't give Hewitt pace and you don't take him out wide, he's most dangerous out side where he gets more racquet head speed from defensive position on the run. BG said you feed Hewitt no pace down the middle and force him to create especially with the forehand. That's where Hewitt is not as dangerous. Didn't see match today but it sounds like Fognini applied these tactics. Simon plays the same way vs. Hewitt and is 4-0 against him lifetime.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It's really unbelievable how Lleyton Hewitt could lose his form so fast after Newport. He served a lot better than now and his ballstriking was way better. In Washington he played also solid but in Toronto and Cincinnati he was only a shadow of hisself.
In my opinion Lleyton looks physically wise good, much better as many say. He simply misses a lot of easy shots and his serve is horrible at the moment. I have no explanation for this decline.
The losses vs Benneteau and Fognini had not much to do with them, Lleyton Hewitt gave the matches away so easily...

·
23,063 Posts
Hewitt has been horrible lately especially on serve and the UE count was off the roof IMO. Maybe he has exerted it all on his runs pre-Summer HC (with his wins in Brisbane and Newport), but even then I think this is too much. Hope he does do well in the USO. If he's going to retire next year hopefully he could end it with a good result.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts