1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
9,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Points won
No1e: 93
Mannarino: 76

What an amazing display of heart and will and determination from No1e, who was feeling sick and played at less than 1% of his abilities. Every other player in this situation would’ve retired or been unable to continue the match, but not No1e, who respects the game of tennis and loves his fans to do such a thing and continued fighting because he has a true heart of a champion with his never-say-die attitude and will to win. And he still won and completely dominated the match, which only No1e can do, which included a breadstick, which was a cherry on top. I’m really emotional and really happy and proud to be a No1e fan. Given the circumstances, this was one of No1e’s greatest matches ever. I’ll remember this match for the rest of my life.

History is also repeating itself. No1e struggled and lost many sets in the early rounds in the first half of 2016, only to raise his level and dominate the later rounds, en route to becoming the first ever player to win NCYGS on 3 different surfaces.

Also No1e has just secured a top 8 seed at the USO with this win. Yay!

2 down, 4 to go. Yesssssss :) :dance: :yippee:

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Points won

What an amazing display of heart and will and determination from No1e, who was feeling sick and played at less than 1% of his abilities. Every other player in this situation would’ve retired or been unable to continue the match, but not No1e, who respects the game of tennis and loves his fans to do such a thing and continued fighting because he has a true heart of a champion with his never-say-die attitude and will to win. And he still won and completely dominated the match, which only No1e can do, which included a breadstick, which was a cherry on top. I’m really emotional and really happy and proud to be a No1e fan. Given the circumstances, this was one of No1e’s greatest matches ever. I’ll remember this match for the rest of my life.

History is also repeating itself. No1e struggled and lost many sets in the early rounds in the first half of 2016, only to raise his level and dominate the later rounds, en route to becoming the first ever player to win NCYGS on 3 different surfaces.

2 down, 4 to go. Yesssssss

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Breadstick was tasty

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
Absolute and unadulterated horror. Manarino was pushing and Novak could not even push or deal with junk. Just terrible. Cincy in general brings the worst out of the ATP tour in general, must be the conditions.
Novak looks dire, back to Madrid level.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hopefully it is just a minor ailment that will get better in few hours. Anyway even sick Nole playing 5% of his best was good enough to beat Mannarino.

Hoping for the best for the BOAT/GOAT!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Points won

2 down, 4 to go. Yesssssss :dance:

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,913 Posts
The only positive is that he managed to beat this absolute mug while earlier this year he might actually have lost the match

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Novak was bad (20 Winners/35 UE) but Mannarino was worse (23 Winners/46 UE)

Anyway he secures a top 8 seed for the US Open, good news for him and his team!

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
Points won

2 down, 4 to go. Yesssssss
:)2 :dance: :yippee:

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
Great match for Novak considering the stomach discomfort/virus in the middle of the match.

When he started to play more aggressively in the 2nd (and especially after the pill) Mannarino had no chance.

Highlight of the match - The doctor and his magic pill AND Novak passing his stomach virus to the audience at the end (is it only me seeing that his hands were lower at his stomach when he greeted the audience after the win ? )

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
I feel bad for Nole and Boss. Today he had a bad reaction to something. But all that matters is te win.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Why does he keep doing those ridiculous arm movements at the end? Is he supposed to be shoveling love at people or something? I assume it's some bs left over from Pepe and he should ditch it.

Anyway, congrats on the win but given the weakness of the opponent and Nole's apparent illness we can't really draw too many conclusions from this result.

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
Novak was bad (20 Winners/35 UE) but Mannarino was worse (23 Winners/46 UE)

Anyway he secures a top 8 seed for the US Open, good news for him and his team!
It's still the same as it was before the match - he passed Thiem when Dominic pulled out, now he needs 1) Goffin to not make the final or 2) make the SF himself (will pass Dimitrov that way).

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
no clue why he had doc and physio out in second set, but it worked obviously.
still not showing great form tho, would be surprised if he gets far here.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Adrian had some unbelievable points in that last set (that point with the overhead) Nole was good closing out the match with the stomach discomfort. Again a match where you can't say something about his hc form, hope he feels well soon!

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I stopped watching after the first set. Novak looked really lacklustre and Mannarino was surprisingly clutch/steady. Guess the end result was pretty NID.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts