Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ridiculous match, Kyrgios played the same way he did against Wawrinka in Toronto, in lazy exhibition style. In the final set tiebreak, at 6-3 and 36:18 aces, Kyrgios decides to waste a few MP before ending it eventually, saving a MP with a 134 mph 2nd serve ace in the process and finishing with 39 aces to Kudla's 20 in the end. Poor job not keeping up the 2:1 ace ratio though.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Kyrgios-39 ACEs Isner-38 ACEs. Easy to see who’s the bigger servebot0:)

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Cincinnati R1: Kyrgios def. Kudla 6(2)-7 7-5 7-6(9)

Thug is unlucky to be born in a era where talent alone is not enough to win important tournaments. His amount of flair/talent is ridiculous and inversely proportional to his work ethic.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Can Kyrgios continue or will he withdraw from the event due to injury? Should have let Kudla go through instead?
I don’t see any point in withdrawing, his hip injury is just as serious as it was before the tournament and he decided to play. He can probably play Coric a close match too, just by servebotting the way he did today.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Re: Cincinnati R1: Kyrgios def. Kudla 6(2)-7 7-5 7-6(9)

He hit a 134 mph 2nd serve ace down match point..

This shows to me that he didn't really care if he lost here. In the end he just got lucky.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Re: Cincinnati R1: Kyrgios def. Kudla 6(2)-7 7-5 7-6(9)

He hit a 134 mph 2nd serve ace down match point..

This shows to me that he didn't really care if he lost here. In the end he just got lucky.
He cared enough to "raise his level" in the games Kudla was serving to stay in the set and in the TB. Somewhat.

Anyway, that point sums up the match in all its glorious ridiculousness.

We'll see if NK gets "revived" this year the way he did last year. If not, Coric's gonna make him say goodbye to 30% of the points he currently has.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I tried to watch this farce but just couldn't.....

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Kudla the clearly better player in every aspect imaginable except aces. 113 to 106 points won, 27% to 20% return points won, 21/16 to 22/33 W/UE ratio, 3 to 1 different return games with BP(s) and so on. Never a good day for the sport when a servebot lucks his way to an undeserved win like this

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
He looked injured here a year ago, already in the first match. And he made the final afterwards.
This, clearly another fake injury. Even when he had his knees taped last week, people were still talking abouth hip problems. :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts