Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought Anderson was supposed to be a servebot? :facepalm:

Utter woeful serving from him today and we already know the rest of his game sucks so basically he was screwed.

Isner doing what he does best this time of year though, find a way to win.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Well Isner was in dire form and Anderson was in good form, not sure what happened here.
USner happened. Back to the land of freedom, etc.
Anderson :eek: maybe last week's terrible loss to Grigor is still in his head.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
mentalmidgetson still reeling from the epic choke to the bogus bulgarian :eek:

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
USner happened. Back to the land of freedom, etc.
Anderson :eek: maybe last week's terrible loss to Grigor is still in his head.
this was always a dangerous match to pick, Isner goated in Cincy last year but was poor the last two weeks, Anderson was good in Toronto but had a career worst choke against Dimi and it clearly messed with his head

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
What with Murray's crap serving this year and Fed's deep run in Canada possibly catching up with him, there is potential for USner to go far here again.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Yeah, he had to play some real top guns there, like Dudi Sela for instance. :rolleyes:
Ginepri Matosevic Sock and Sela on route to final, doesn't get much better then that :lol:

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Go USner! Please get back in form

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Damn, I was hoping isners points would be coming off here against Anderson but it looks like Anderson will probably be shitting bricks for couple months because of the choke.

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Was a single rally played?

This is actually kind of shocking (especially no TB?) as Anderson has looked like the better player this year outside of Majors. Not that form is all it comes down to, but with his serve, idk.

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
KA beat Stan and virtually beat Dimitrov playing very solid tennis last week. I guess he was totally spent after the epic choke. That is what happens after you play 120% and still manage to lose. It might do him some good to have more time to overcome and prepare for USO properly.

·
23,063 Posts
Was a single rally played?

This is actually kind of shocking (especially no TB?) as Anderson has looked like the better player this year outside of Majors. Not that form is all it comes down to, but with his serve, idk.
I think Anderson actually had very decent majors results, all 4th Round exits (never had reached the QFs in a major yet), which fits his ranking. Isner, meanwhile hasn't been doing well at majors and performed worse than Isner. So, in short Anderson should've been the on paper favorite. I agree that being broken by Isner everytime though seems to be an after effect of what happened in Toronto. Hope he recovers well because he has been progressing well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts