Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
McDonald qualified last year (beat Mahut and Johnson).
That was so random :lol: He was awful against Goffin in R1... I guess those were fluke wins :p

·
MONSOON season.
81,404 Posts
That was so random :lol: He was awful against Goffin in R1... I guess those were fluke wins :p
I don't think so. He was competitive against Karlovic at the US Open and had some other good results too. This is a very rare lopsided scoreline, especially against someone who doesn't have a return game to speak of and is out of form.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
I don't think so. He was competitive against Karlovic at the US Open and had some other good results too. This is a very rare lopsided scoreline, especially against someone who doesn't have a return game to speak of and is out of form.
Can't say I've followed the guy since last year, but I guess he's pretty streaky at this point in his career :shrug:

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Disappointing summer for Mackie except the win against Groth maybe he only likes playing servebots.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
McDonald had a pretty decent year in college at UCLA. Played #3 there and was around #30 in the rankings. Wasn't a world beater though

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
my god. really disappointing...

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
He actually won a match. lol.

·
Premium Member
8,663 Posts
Who is this McChicken?

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Gotta cut him some slack, he's still a very young player playing college, he's not near his peak yet, having wins like that at this stage is very promising.
I wasn't saying anything mean; hell, I want him to succeed. Just sort of odd that he hasn't really even come close to backing up those two wins against solid players.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts