Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a quality match. Great rallies and Medvedev messed up big time in the second set. RBA with hidden volley skills was a nice touch.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Didn't expect that. Still believe Medvedev should have won though.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Medvedev lost it entirely on the second serve. Although good signs for USO from both. Agut needs to tap into his inner variety more often. So much more entertaining.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Goddamn that was one of the most boring matches I’ve ever seen. Endless pushing and shit attacking skills. How Boretista is in semis of a fast court like this I will never know.

·
Registered
21,709 Posts
Medvedev somehow mirrored his best tennis from last year Cincy in set 1, but then collapsed from midway set 2, then even mentally in set 3.

RBA with his usual hugging the baseline and toughing it up, though he was really superior at the net, compared to the Russian who lost there some key points and squandered multiple 0-40s to get back on serve, esp. in set 3.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Medvedev needs to polish his 40-15 comeback, better luck next time.
So, we will have a new masters winner? Novak might not make it past his BO3 Nemesis.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pretty sure now Djokovic doesn't beat Agut in SF. Might go for a strategic tank or retirement. Good one for a cashout next round.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Wow amazing Roberto!!
Now beat Nole again and get your first Master 1000👍😏

·
Registered
871 Posts
Medvedev is not as capable as being dull as Bautista Agut is, he has this little craziness that makes him search for weird angles and this style of play is not that consistent. His peak is incredibly high as shown during the first set but he has to work on his consistency and his mental recoveries.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Such a joy to watch tennis WITHOUT BLIND LINE JUDGES!
Just tennis,no quarrels over wrong calls!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Meddy looked to be in control after set 1 but RBA again showed his resilience winning many of the longer points. Took a time violation on match point to catch his breath after a 30 stroke rally then hit an ace down the line. Med hit more winners and fewer unforced errors and both players ran over 4 miles. RBA could be trouble for Nole in the SF.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Meddy looked to be in control after set 1 but RBA again showed his resilience winning many of the longer points. Took a time violation on match point to catch his breath after a 30 stroke rally then hit an ace down the line. Med hit more winners and fewer unforced errors and both players ran over 4 miles. RBA could be trouble for Nole in the SF.

·
justice for all
17,980 Posts
Medvedev played quite poorly in sets 2&3: Paticulary low BP conversion (3 0-40-s wasted), poor shot selection (those drop shots!), low 1st serve % (in the 2nd set), too much pushing in general. He also looked a bit tired. Credit to RBA though who withstood 1st set, adjusted his tennis and just outsmarted the Russian. Medvedev is a next gen hope but let’s be honest: his tennis is ugly as shit so I’d take RBA with his great FH any time of day.

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
Agut's forehand is so clean, what an amazing shot it's turned out to be. Great half volleys to force Medvedev deep on the backhand side. Forced quite a lot of Med's errors from forehand cross court .

Seems like players found a tactic against Med with coming to the net more often; Tiafoe did that in Australia a lot as well if I remember well.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
me too, then I could print some money next round vs. Djoko.
Me too, unfortunately I am temporarily bankrupt after losing my mind, going all in on Botnic against Thiem last year and having put my last 20 € onto another all-in bet.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Least boring player won.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts