Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
28,789 Posts
A bit lucky there Ferrer. But he grinds home the win. Like so many times before.

·
Registered
20,715 Posts
Ferrer playing worst since 2005 or so and still gonna reach Masters 1000 final with good shot to win it. This sums up how shitty tennis is at the moment. If Nadal appears in New York, he wins the title with no effort

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Kind of similar to Federer-Monfils. Losing player starts third set well but misses BPs and then one lucky game from winner (net cord winner in both) steals it.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
A wrong call not challenged (god knows why, Rebredo asked the umpire, was answered "Don't know" and didn't challenge... The Fuck?!), a net cord the next point and it's GSM Pics.

This was so frikkin tight it's ridiculous but Pics was always gonna win... Don't know why, just the way it was.

Great match to watch.

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
Insane luck to get the decisive break. Robredo missed a few easy sitters and his bh lacks power and depth but he could've won this. Too bad for him

·
23,064 Posts
From what I see Ferrer dictated points very well. Quality 1st and 2nd Sets, and good clutch play too. 3rd Set was kind of muggy though. Both players not able to capitalize well but eventually Robredo was broken with a net cord (although should've solidified his serving those times).

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
That was a little painful. Lots of intensity, not much composure or craft.

Ferrer is pretty bad since the virus/stomach thing pre-Wimbledon, you have to say.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Ferrer playing worst since 2005 or so and still gonna reach Masters 1000 final with good shot to win it. This sums up how shitty tennis is at the moment. If Nadal appears in New York, he wins the title with no effort
I have my occasional run-ins with this Samano guy, but one thing you can't fault him for is delusion. :yeah:..

You know pretty sure that Team Nadal are chortling to themselves and literally bent over by laughter watching the scenes coming out of North American swing..Hence, they might actually travel to NY and leave the decision to participate to the last minute..A Slam is begging to be won by someone..

·
Registered
20,715 Posts
cincinnati is easily the worst important tournament of the year. they started to ruining it last year when they slowed it down and brought the bounce higher than in IW, and with all these mug matches he is ruined completely this year. it looks like qualies of IW

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
cincinnati is easily the worst important tournament of the year. they started to ruining it last year when they slowed it down and brought the bounce higher than in IW, and with all these mug matches he is ruined completely this year. it looks like qualies of IW
easily the most ugly tennis played this week.

·
Registered
57,606 Posts
I won't deny this match was decided laregely by luck. Both missed tons of chances, especially Ferrer. But decisively got the break at 5-3 with a dead net cord then won a point off a badly mishit smash that wrongfooted Robredo at 30-30

I thought this was a decent match :shrug: not great, but the best QF so far by a mile

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Vulture doing what he does best.. still, happy for him. If Fed doesn't win the title, I hope Ferru gets it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts