Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who wins this encounter?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a fantastic match up. It will start around 21 CET. Make sure you have all the snacks ready.

Who you got?

Me? Auf geht's should tell it all.

·
justice for all
15,155 Posts
Djokovic in 2 or in 3 if Struff goats for a set and takes it in a TB.

Struff is a good and in-form player but doesn't have enough variety and mentality to upset Novak.

·
Registered
16,319 Posts
Struff can take a set... he's at peak form right now.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Djoko in 3

·
Registered
832 Posts
I think this is the Djokovic tank round. He wont want to lose to Meddy or Stef before USO and don't think he wants to get physically or mentally invested in a battle this week.

Struff takes this 6-3, 1-6, 6-4

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Struff along w/ RBA r probably the two hottest on these new courts & could see either in the final. Novak will go hard for a set, maybe 2 but if Struff can take the first, after what happened last year sustaining strain in Cincy, hard to see him going all out for 3. IINM, the only incentive for him in tourn. besides finding form is DCGM but since this is not even actually Cincy.......

·
Registered
16,319 Posts
Struff along w/ RBA r probably the two hottest on these new courts & could see either in the final. Novak will go hard for a set, maybe 2 but if Struff can take the first, after what happened last year sustaining strain in Cincy, hard to see Novak going all out for 3.
Medvedev and Raonic >> RBA, and > Struff.

Tsitsipas is better than them too, not sure what you're saying here. Just got the Novak goggles on.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Unless I'm missing something big thats behind the vote skew, Stuff is the kind of opponent Novak feasts on. Decent serve, decent forehand but no real depth to his game. At best, Stuff nicks a set but nothing more.

·
Registered
16,777 Posts
I think this is the Djokovic tank round. He wont want to lose to Meddy or Stef before USO and don't think he wants to get physically or mentally invested in a battle this week.

Struff takes this 6-3, 1-6, 6-4
Since Meddy will take out dangerous HC rival (recent HC H2H: 0-3) RBA, Novak will focus on eliminating Daniil.
Breaking no sweat by disposing Struff in this process! :cool:

A 2nd Cincy title is on the cards, isn't it?

·
Registered
16,777 Posts
I love how the Novak haters want him to lose even against a player of Struff's caliber... :unsure: :LOL:

Reactions: NSMv1924

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Unless I'm missing something big thats behind the vote skew, Stuff is the kind of opponent Novak feasts on. Decent serve, decent forehand but no real depth to his game. At best, Stuff nicks a set but nothing more.
Exactly, Struff is far too one dimensional.. I would be surprised if Djokovic lose more than 8 games if he keeps up yesterday focus and intensity.

·
Your visions will happen
48,563 Posts
Let us see how much Djokovic puts into this with a USO on a silver platter waiting for him

·
Registered
16,777 Posts
Let us see how much Djokovic puts into this with a USO on a silver platter waiting for him
This is also a Cincy title on a silver platter... he has only 1 worthy opponent: Medvedev in the semis, all others he should really beat giving even half the effort, incl. Tsitsipas.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Medvedev and Raonic >> RBA, and > Struff.

Tsitsipas is better than them too, not sure what you're saying here. Just got the Novak goggles on.
Aren’t u the same one who predicted Nadal in AO19 final? Stick w/ Clay & let HC purists duke it out. Raonic defeated a 60% Murray & the minute Medved gets pressure from worthy opponents, he becomes a complete head case ala 2019 ATP finals meltdown. Tsitsi is not even in their bracket & only faces Servbots up to final.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts