Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are listed at 6'6" but the ATP does not get it right many times, I suspect.

Krajinovic, for example, is listed at 6'2". I am around 186 cm (6'1") and stood next to him last year, he looked my height or shorter.

On the other hand, when seeing Cilic or Delpo next to Raonic or Berdych, the difference in height seems to be slightly more than an inch.
Tomic is listed at 6'5", so officially he is basiaclly almost the same height as Delpo.
On this photo, there seems to be at least 2 inches between them.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Del Potro is taller than Zverev, who himself is taller than Cilic.

·
6,473 Posts
Listed heights, whilst not in WWE level of inaccuracy, cannot be seen as gospel.
They are also "rounded" to the nearest empirical figure.
I recall seeing Sam Querrey at one stage listed at 1.99m or 6' 6.5", this was probably 12 months ago.
They quickly rectified that back to 1.98m.
Delpo looks slightly larger than Cilic, but is also a larger frame.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
They are listed at 6'6" but the ATP does not get it right many times, I suspect.

Krajinovic, for example, is listed at 6'2". I am around 186 cm (6'1") and stood next to him last year, he looked my height or shorter.

On the other hand, when seeing Cilic or Delpo next to Raonic or Berdych, the difference in height seems to be slightly more than an inch.
Tomic is listed at 6'5", so officially he is basiaclly almost the same height as Delpo.
On this photo, there seems to be at least 2 inches between them.

So many of the heights are wrong, many players are listed taller than they are.

I think Bernard Tomic is legitimately 6'4'' and could be slightly taller. Both Juan Martin del Potro and Marin Cilic are 6'6''.

Filip Krajinovic is listed at 6'1''. Andy Murray, for example, has admitted that he is 187.5cm, which is just under 6'2'', but many incorrectly state 187.5cm as 6'2'' flat.

I think that they are more of a rough gauge than anything else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts