Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The mysterious Q

Votes: 3 16.7%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The USO draw this year has produced a few interesting match-ups. A couple which may surprise us are these two.

Cilic has Harrison in the first round and the winner is very likely to play Tomic, considering he has a Q first up. How do you think Harrison and (if it gets there) Tomic will do against Cilic? Cilic is expected to beat the two youngsters, but how do you think he'll fare against the new generation? Also a Tomic - Harrison match might be the first signs of what we may see regularly in the future.

Don't diss, don't cuss, just discuss.

Reactions: Vida

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Don't diss, don't cuss, just discuss.
Tall order around MTF, but I like the rhyme.

I think Harrison actually makes it out of this section playing in front of the US crowd. He played well up till WInston Slam on the US hardcourts.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tall order around MTF, but I like the rhyme.

I think Harrison actually makes it out of this section playing in front of the US crowd. He played well up till WInston Slam on the US hardcourts.
I agree, being a home favourite he'll feel inspired to perform well, so he has a chance of getting by these two.

By section, you do mean getting to the third round right? 3rd round is most likely where it ends for the winner out of these three, since I don't see any of them having a chance in hell against Roger when they get there. I'd like to see one of them prove me wrong though.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Cilic easily, although he plays garbage last 2 yrs, these 2 guys have no weapons against Marin

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I agree, being a home favourite he'll feel inspired to perform well, so he has a chance of getting by these two.

By section, you do mean getting to the third round right? 3rd round is most likely where it ends for the winner out of these three, since I don't see any of them having a chance in hell against Roger when they get there. I'd like to see one of them prove me wrong though.
Yes, third round. I agree that further is extremely unlikely for any of them.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Added a poll for the heck of it.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Personally I'd like to see Tomic come through this part of the draw to meet Federer. Should be interesting to see whether Tomic will be a bad matchup for Fed, as Tomic's gamestyle does seem to suit some of the traits that have troubled him in my opinion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts