Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marin Cilic during a meeting with the media on Tuesday in Zagreb, before leaving for the US tour and defense titles at the US Open, said he was the trophy brought greater visibility and popularity in the world and is looking forward to arriving in New York in the status of title defender.

Cilic's coach Goran Ivanisevic, under whose leadership the ninth player of the world today achieved his childhood dream and triumphed at last year's US Open, has not had the opportunity in 2002, the first day of The Championships, get out on Centre Court All England Club as the defending champion. In this he was prevented injuries and operations of the left shoulder. One of the moments that Marin Cilic is looking forward to a return to the field on which last year rushed to the greatest triumph of his career, he reeled from the quarter finals onwards convincing victory over Tomas Berdych, Roger Federer and Keijo Nishikorijem.

A fantastic feeling to come to the Grand Slam as defending champion

"For the first time in his career so I'm going to get a big tournament as the defending champion. It will be a nice feeling to go out again on Centre Court, and I believe that will be nervousness. I'll take it as a nice, positive experience. I recall last year and try to take advantage of this, "said the best Croatian tennis player at a press conference organized by the Network Discovery and Eurosport, the holder of the broadcast rights to matches of the US Open, the last Grand Slam of the season, which this year is scheduled from August 31 to 13 . September

From Čilićevog triumph at Flushing Meadows period of ten months, and Marin points out the changes that have happened in his life since he enrolled among the winners of Grand Slam titles, for which, as he himself pointed out, "had to do all my life."

Winning the US Open brought me fame, but also a lot more pressure

"I find it incredible that almost a year had passed. It's helped me conquer the people of the world increasingly recognize, the more I am exposed in the media, I got more fans. But it brings some pressure with which it must deal, that of asking me that every week I play as well as possible and at the highest possible level. From the US Open I got a lot to experience and to look forward to, training, preparing for tournaments and matches. With this title I got a lot of confidence and a lot more trust in itself. It gives me a lot more opportunities for repetition of such a scenario. "

The last player who was able to defend his title in New York was Roger Federer. Switzerland from 2004 to 2008, a string of five triumphs, and Marin will in September to try to accomplish what has not worked is not present tennis greats such as Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and Andy Murray.

"Competition in the Tour is huge. This year Djokovic who played wonderfully, but I feel that I'm with a good game always close to great results, as well as a few weeks ago at Wimbledon."

Round at the All England Club and win in three sets to eventual winner of Novak Djokovic Cilic is the best result this year. But Marin is confident that following the season in which his form up.

I feel that my form is rising

"There is a link between this and last year. And last year I to Roland Garros and Wimbledon went forward form and I felt that from week to week better. I feel like this year and it gives me great motivation for the rest of the season. We enter into this part of the year, the US tour, where I always feel very well. With good results in these tournaments can not help raise the number of places and in a way and to defend part points to the US Open. I feel really good play. At Wimbledon was great, and certainly will in these tournaments will be better and better. "

First stop on the American concrete will be a tournament series ATP 500 in Washington, and then wait for it occurs in two Masters 1000 tournaments in Montreal and Cincinnati. On the latter will join him and Goran Ivanisevic, and by then the role of coach and counselor to be a former tennis player, Ivan Cinkuš from Zagreb, with whom Cilic cooperation established in April this year.

"I've rested from tennis, empty head and now for the ten days of training, where they will join me Goran, before going to the United States. We will then meet again in Cincinnati. We will have enough time to prepare for the US Open. Enough is similar schedule last year, so I believe that it will be positive. "

In the end Cilic drew a parallel with last year's state of competition in relation to this year.

"A lot of things are mixed up. This year, Dimitrov had a bad season, Raonic struggled with injuries, Nadal is struggling with form, and Ferrer was injured and when the issue will be back on the field. This year was Murray who played wonderfully, with Djokovic and Federer. The competition is terribly strong, but it happens to lots open, as was the case with Murray at Wimbledon. "

If you will fritter away as it did last year from the quarter finals onwards, Marin nothing must be opened. And then he proved that it can cope with all the best and winning, at the highest stage.

·
Banned
6,801 Posts
Cilic is going to make Federer his client at USO, as Djokovic has done it at Wimbledon. :wavey:

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Didn't he say he might win the Wimbledon too?

·
Registered
4,281 Posts

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Cilic is going to make Federer his client at USO, as Djokovic has done it at Wimbledon. :wavey:
No more chance for Cilic to land in easy-peasy Fedal' half at USO/AO.

Since 2012 it is Federer/Nadal in one half at AO/USO and Djokovic/Stanimal + HC contenders in the other half.

Since 2013 at Wimb. too.

E.g. this Wimb. Nadal and Cilic were among the seeds no.9-12.

As expected, Nadal landed in Federer' half, the easiest Ferrer' part of Murray's quarter, whereas Cilic in Djokovic' quarter.

Probability was less than 5%, but no problem for Nike and KiAO.

As peak Federer and Djokovic were for eight consecutive HC slams 2008-2011 in the same half, with Nadal always benefiting in the opposite half, so will Djokovic and Stanimal be for the consecutive 7th and the 8th time at the next USO/AO, with Fedal benefiting in the opposite half.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Probably something like this.

win in QF vs Nadal, 3:0
win in SF vs Djokovic, 3:1 ( he is attending new stress-free psychotherapy )
win in F vs crying Federer 3:2

Probably could dominate after and stop the Djokovic in catching up with Nadal and Federer.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
If he has landed in Fed half last year, why will not it happen again?
Cause the big corps estimate was that Chila is not a threat for Federer at USO. This year they will put him in the other half

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Marin Cilic during a meeting with the media on Tuesday in Zagreb, before leaving for the US tour and defense titles at the US Open, said he was the trophy brought greater visibility and popularity in the world and is looking forward to arriving in New York in the status of title defender.

Cilic's coach Goran Ivanisevic, under whose leadership the ninth player of the world today achieved his childhood dream and triumphed at last year's US Open, has not had the opportunity in 2002, the first day of The Championships, get out on Centre Court All England Club as the defending champion. In this he was prevented injuries and operations of the left shoulder. One of the moments that Marin Cilic is looking forward to a return to the field on which last year rushed to the greatest triumph of his career, he reeled from the quarter finals onwards convincing victory over Tomas Berdych, Roger Federer and Keijo Nishikorijem.

A fantastic feeling to come to the Grand Slam as defending champion

"For the first time in his career so I'm going to get a big tournament as the defending champion. It will be a nice feeling to go out again on Centre Court, and I believe that will be nervousness. I'll take it as a nice, positive experience. I recall last year and try to take advantage of this, "said the best Croatian tennis player at a press conference organized by the Network Discovery and Eurosport, the holder of the broadcast rights to matches of the US Open, the last Grand Slam of the season, which this year is scheduled from August 31 to 13 . September

From Čilićevog triumph at Flushing Meadows period of ten months, and Marin points out the changes that have happened in his life since he enrolled among the winners of Grand Slam titles, for which, as he himself pointed out, "had to do all my life."

Winning the US Open brought me fame, but also a lot more pressure

"I find it incredible that almost a year had passed. It's helped me conquer the people of the world increasingly recognize, the more I am exposed in the media, I got more fans. But it brings some pressure with which it must deal, that of asking me that every week I play as well as possible and at the highest possible level. From the US Open I got a lot to experience and to look forward to, training, preparing for tournaments and matches. With this title I got a lot of confidence and a lot more trust in itself. It gives me a lot more opportunities for repetition of such a scenario. "

The last player who was able to defend his title in New York was Roger Federer. Switzerland from 2004 to 2008, a string of five triumphs, and Marin will in September to try to accomplish what has not worked is not present tennis greats such as Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and Andy Murray.

"Competition in the Tour is huge. This year Djokovic who played wonderfully, but I feel that I'm with a good game always close to great results, as well as a few weeks ago at Wimbledon."

Round at the All England Club and win in three sets to eventual winner of Novak Djokovic Cilic is the best result this year. But Marin is confident that following the season in which his form up.

I feel that my form is rising

"There is a link between this and last year. And last year I to Roland Garros and Wimbledon went forward form and I felt that from week to week better. I feel like this year and it gives me great motivation for the rest of the season. We enter into this part of the year, the US tour, where I always feel very well. With good results in these tournaments can not help raise the number of places and in a way and to defend part points to the US Open. I feel really good play. At Wimbledon was great, and certainly will in these tournaments will be better and better. "

First stop on the American concrete will be a tournament series ATP 500 in Washington, and then wait for it occurs in two Masters 1000 tournaments in Montreal and Cincinnati. On the latter will join him and Goran Ivanisevic, and by then the role of coach and counselor to be a former tennis player, Ivan Cinkuš from Zagreb, with whom Cilic cooperation established in April this year.

"I've rested from tennis, empty head and now for the ten days of training, where they will join me Goran, before going to the United States. We will then meet again in Cincinnati. We will have enough time to prepare for the US Open. Enough is similar schedule last year, so I believe that it will be positive. "

In the end Cilic drew a parallel with last year's state of competition in relation to this year.

"A lot of things are mixed up. This year, Dimitrov had a bad season, Raonic struggled with injuries, Nadal is struggling with form, and Ferrer was injured and when the issue will be back on the field. This year was Murray who played wonderfully, with Djokovic and Federer. The competition is terribly strong, but it happens to lots open, as was the case with Murray at Wimbledon. "

If you will fritter away as it did last year from the quarter finals onwards, Marin nothing must be opened. And then he proved that it can cope with all the best and winning, at the highest stage.
At least provide a link to the Croatian version of the article. My head hurts after reading few paragraphs of this bad google translate

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
If he has landed in Fed half last year, why will not it happen again?
It can happen only if there are two bigger threats for Federer in Cilic' 9-12 group or 5-8 group if he gets there, but since there'll be Nadal(by default always with Olderer at USO/AO since 2012), Ferrer, Simon etc. there is the chance only if Cilic is injured.

The last USO they reckoned that Isner and Robredo(beat Federer 3:0 at USO'13) were bigger threats both for Federer and Djokovic among Isner/Robredo/Cilic/Fognini 13-16 group, so they were moved to Djokovic' half and Cilic/Fog into Federer', with all the contenders and dark horses in Djokovic' half (Stanimal, Nishi, Murray, Tsonga(won Canada'14), Raonic(Cinci'14 SF) etc.

Wawrinka had a tough job in the first three sets against Robredo, so Federer would've probably had even tougher job if Robredo had played him again.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Good for Cilic . But since last year USO he has done NOTHING. At least Stan showed a lot beat #1 player in Final at FO. Cilic should prove that he is GS winner.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,427 Posts
Hopefully for the sake of the sport he doesn't get anywhere near the semi-finals, never mind grabbing another title. That would be terrible.

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Hopefully for the sake of the sport he doesn't get anywhere near the semi-finals, never mind grabbing another title. That would be terrible.
In other words, he should be in Djokovic' quarter as usual, because if just placed in Djokovic' half, Cilic could beat Stanimal or Nishi and make SF again; whereas if placed in Fedal' half he could make the F without breaking the sweat in QF/SF again.

So, it all really depends just on the seed. no.4 this year.

If Nishikori makes to no.4 then all the other contenders and dark horses will be in Djokovic' half as the last year (Stanimal, Murray, Cilic, Tsonga ...), and Nishi will be USO finalist from the Fedal' half.

If Stanimal gets to no.4 then Murray will be the finalist from the Fedal' half again as at AO this year, because, of course, all other contenders and dark horses will be placed in the Djokovic' half.

The only chance for Federer' another GS final is that Nishikori is no.4 and slightly injured.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
fluke win

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
It can happen only if there are two bigger threats for Federer in Cilic' 9-12 group or 5-8 group if he gets there, but since there'll be Nadal(by default always with Olderer at USO/AO since 2012), Ferrer, Simon etc. there is the chance only if Cilic is injured.

The last USO they reckoned that Isner and Robredo(beat Federer 3:0 at USO'13) were bigger threats both for Federer and Djokovic among Isner/Robredo/Cilic/Fognini 13-16 group, so they were moved to Djokovic' half and Cilic/Fog into Federer', with all the contenders and dark horses in Djokovic' half (Stanimal, Nishi, Murray, Tsonga(won Canada'14), Raonic(Cinci'14 SF) etc.

Wawrinka had a tough job in the first three sets against Robredo, so Federer would have probably had even tougher had Robredo had played him again.
Isner results in 2 preparation tournaments from the year: 1R, 3R, he had made QF at US Open once

Cilic results in 2 preparation tournaments from the year: 3R (gave Federer big trouble), 3R, had made QF at US Open twice, took Djokovic to 5 sets at Wimbledon

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Isner results in 2 preparation tournaments from the year: 1R, 3R, he had made QF at US Open once

Cilic results in 2 preparation tournaments from the year: 3R (gave Federer big trouble), 3R, had made QF at US Open twice, took Djokovic to 5 sets at Wimbledon
Yep, big mistake, although after Isner' Cinci 3R loss to Murray 76 46 67, they've probably expected more from him at USO, but Kohli was fatal for the 3rd consecutive time since Isner' USO QF 2011.

Isner withdrew from the QF of Salem, though, a several days before the start of USO, with the main draw already made I guess, so maybe not quite 100% ready against Kohli.

·
29,637 Posts
I'm no fan of his but if he won it again the butthurt on here would be worth getting your knob out and wanking repeatedly.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts