Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Wow, quite a story! He didn't break down, but produced some magnificent tennis to defeat world #7. And he's a young, unexperienced player with no real achievements on ATP level
:worship:

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Oh man. Even more respect for him now. Awesome effort from him.

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Sorry to hear that.But he's improving,good luck to him.

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the article doesn't say much, but he is dedicating his melbourne wins to her

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
That is so sad :sad: But I am sure he did what she would have wanted - going out there and playing well and winning the match of his life. He won it for her and I'm sure she would have been so proud of him. Marin :hug:

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
That's terrible yet it gives me a lot of respect towards him to be able to come out and beat a top player under those circumstances.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Well done to him - that's incredible.

I don't know that I would have been able to put it out of my mind and focus on the match, in his place.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
maybe he just didn't care enough to withdraw. don't mean to be rude but there are tons of people out there who barely know their grandparents because they just live elsewhere.

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,846 Posts
Best to him and his family :worship:

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
maybe he just didn't care enough to withdraw. don't mean to be rude but there are tons of people out there who barely know their grandparents because they just live elsewhere.
I think very few players would withdraw from the third round of a GS for that reason. Even if they care a lot.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts