Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Strange match.

Davydenko got a code violation for lack of effort in the 3rd set

Then he got into a long argument about whether or not he needed the doctor and why he wasn't really trying.

Totally bizarre.

It hasn't done much to clear his reputation for unusual match resolutions, to put it politely.

·
Registered
35,682 Posts
Re: Cilic def. Davydenko 1-6 7-5 6-1

Davy doing what he does best in front of his home crowd :yeah:

Get this living pile of scum out of the game.

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts

Would he really be THAT stupid????? I mean, that is almost impossible to believe.....if he'd be so stupid to not only do it but make it so obvious, i really really hope he gets what he deserves.

·
Registered
11,122 Posts

I think the code violation was probably based on prejudice and bad reputation. He wasn't physically right after winning Moscow. There's no way he would purposely lose a match with all the eyes and pressure on him.

He may have been involved in some dodgy matches, but I fear a lynch mob mentality is developing against him.

Reactions: Svetlana. and Fee

·
Registered
39,787 Posts

Would he really be THAT stupid????? I mean, that is almost impossible to believe.....if he'd be so stupid to not only do it but make it so obvious, i really really hope he gets what he deserves.
i believe he is that stupid Deb

·
Banned
95,412 Posts

:haha: take that Davydonkey... wanna slam Murray some more about fixing just to divert attention from yourself? well goodbye from this tournament at least :wavey:

What a total and utter scumbag of tennis this horrible Russian is

·
85,829 Posts

i believe he is that stupid Deb
I mean, if so, that's so stupid that it takes stupidity to a whole new level i didn't even know existed. :eek:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts

I started a thread asking what Davy and the Umpire were arguing about. A couple of people said the umpire told him off for not making an effort. If Davy was then he was being very stupid.

Any ideas why my thread was deleted - there were no bad/rude posts?

·
85,829 Posts

I started a thread asking what Davy and the Umpire were arguing about. A couple of people said the umpire told him off for not making an effort. If Davy was then he was being very stupid.

Any ideas why my thread was deleted - there were no bad/rude posts?
probably b/c it was a discussion of a match as it was going on, which is against the rules for GM

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts

Davydenko :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Marin :yeah:

·
Registered
11,122 Posts

By the way this match was NOT covered by the betfair (where the Vassallo match betting odds caused uproar) so there were probably no suspect betting odds.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

The umpire gave him a code violation for "lack of best effort" ie pretty much accusing him of tanking.

He argued, the umpire cited a lot of double faults, Davydenko said sometimes he does that, like in the Moscow final, umpire said yeah but you served 4 in like 2 games and only 1 the whole second set, plus you weren't trying to return Cilic's serve very hard, Davydenko's all like I have problems, umpire said I asked you if you were okay a couple of games ago and you said it was nothing, why haven't you called the doctor, then Davydenko attempted to call the doctor then, claiming rather weakly he had pain in his legs. Umpire wouldn't have it, they argue some more, umpire's had enough and say resume play, Davydenko wants the doctor, umpire says not now, at the next change of ends ask them if you want him, play resumes. Davydenko does not call for the doctor at the change of ends.

·
Registered
10,605 Posts

The umpire gave him a code violation for "lack of best effort" ie pretty much accusing him of tanking.

He argued, the umpire cited a lot of double faults, Davydenko said sometimes he does that, like in the Moscow final, umpire said yeah but you served 4 in like 2 games and only 1 the whole second set, plus you weren't trying to return Cilic's serve very hard, Davydenko's all like I have problems, umpire said I asked you if you were okay a couple of games ago and you said it was nothing, why haven't you called the doctor, then Davydenko attempted to call the doctor then, claiming rather weakly he had pain in his legs. Umpire wouldn't have it, they argue some more, umpire's had enough and say resume play, Davydenko wants the doctor, umpire says not now, at the next change of ends ask them if you want him, play resumes. Davydenko does not call for the doctor at the change of ends.
:spit:

What a fixing bastard.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts

I watched the match from the end of the 2nd set, PMK was utter crap but that happens to him occassionaly, he just had to catch that plane to Paris. It was a semi-tank, he didn't really give a crap about this match.

However, a tank is different than a fix.

Reactions: Svetlana.
1 - 20 of 230 Posts