Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
12,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I thought that was not possible... And that serve... holy shit it looks ugly as hell. Heck, even BH looks ugly too... It's like this guy was born to make tennis look as ugly as possible. No offense to Chung. He seems like a nice kid but my eyes is hurting so much just by watching his strokes. I guess I need to watch some Durant jumpshots to heal my eyes.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts

I thought that was not possible... And that serve... holy shit it looks ugly as hell. Heck, even BH looks ugly too... It's like this guy was born to make tennis look as ugly as possible. No offense to Chung. He seems like a nice kid but my eyes is hurting so much just by watching his strokes. I guess I need to watch some Durant jumpshots to heal my eyes.

Just don't watch him.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Chung's FH in an endless loop or your argument is invalid.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,537 Posts
Unusual for sure with the prep and the finish, quite a bit of motion even from a reasonably short backswing.
I imagine him making caramel swirls with a wooden spoon instead.

At least he doesn't have Gulbis' laser pointing left hand before he hits a FH.

On a technical standpoint, I'd say Paire likely has the worst forehand in top 100. I watch highlights of his matches and it's such a glaring deficiency in his game - he doesn't have the consistency to play the FH with depth, power and control the way he likes, but he gets by.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Pure avantgarde.

·
Bring it Home
20,351 Posts
Yeah, I already said that when I saw him play in one of Miami/Indian Wells early on the season. :shrug:

·
Registered
878 Posts
I happen to really like Gulbis's forehand. It's certainly refreshing to see a different take back.

I like Chung's forehand too. It's technically sound and his straight arm forehand potentially gives him the same amount of power as Federer and Nadal.

Harry

1 - 18 of 18 Posts