Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chela was just too solid for Verdasco, who did have a foot problem at the end of the match.

Now he plays the Swiss #1 Stani Wawrinka for a place in the final.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
:sad: :sad: :sad:

I hope that foot problem isn't too bad :unsure:

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Verdasco has a doubles semi with GGL later and if it's serious enough, then he will withdraw from that.

Nando has all the strokes and talent, but Chela is just a very solid and doesn't lose matches through lots of errors.

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Fernando :silly:

I really do wish he'd go for his first serve more, there's no use serving at 86% 1st serves in when you're getting no free points.

Allez the Swissh #1 in the SF :rocker2:

·
Registered
13,751 Posts
Fernando :silly:

I really do wish he'd go for his first serve more, there's no use serving at 86% 1st serves in when you're getting no free points.
Yeah, especially when you're up against a guy with superior fitness and defence to you. Verdasco just didn't have the stamina to maintain his gameplan over 3 sets against such a solid player.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Unluckily,Verdasco has been struggling with injuries lately:sad: . Any how kind of expected the result. Nice run Nando, Come back soon and well.

Now,Chela needs that solid shape against Stan.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, especially when you're up against a guy with superior fitness and defence to you. Verdasco just didn't have the stamina to maintain his gameplan over 3 sets against such a solid player.
He doesn't have the patience, though he was able to serve at 80 something percent yesterday and it worked for him, but not all days are the same obviously.

Playing a guy like Chela, you have to get him moving forward, sure he is slow laterally, but moves well enough side to side, but he is poor going forward.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts