Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good match this was and Koellerer played quite well, though he will rue the 4/19 break point conversion rate.

Chela wasn't at his best, but he was just too experienced and played the big points better than Crazy Dani, who used the dropshot well.

Koellerer played up a bit and got a time warning, plus he tried to hook on a linecall.

Chela will play Roitman next.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chela with his topspin balls can play long matches :)
Chela hits flat for the most part, but he is just so consistent.

Koellerer cramped up at the end, he got ran ragged and Chela finished him off.

·
Registered
30,480 Posts
Dani wasn't as crazy as I had expected based on that thread :(. Still though the crowd seemed to enjoy those moments when he was tossing his racket to the sky and sushing them. :D

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
In the end it was going to extremely difficult for Dani to wear down the ever reliable and solid Chela in a long and gruelling match, but well done to him for thrashing Koubek yesterday and putting up a good fight today. He failed to convert any of the 6 break points that he had early in the final set which was always going to cost him dear.

·
Registered
21,219 Posts
Koellerer was experiencing cramp in his leg near the end so it seemed, but he should have sped away after the first set, he played really good.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i've noticed you are a big fan of chela, george
I wouldn't say a fan, but he is effective in what he does and I respect that and also when he was on the show Tenispro he was funny.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts