Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chris McKendry on ESPN on Raonic and Bouchard: "They are no longer Canadians..."

"... they are North Americans. We (Americans) are now adopting them" So I guess it's official that we are on the bandwagon and have adopted/stolen the Canadian players during this tournament since the Americans have crashed out. How do Canadian posters feel about us "adopting" them? :eek:

·
Administrator
14,824 Posts
Re: Chris McKendry on ESPN on Raonic and Bouchard: "They are no longer Canadians..."

"... they are North Americans. We (Americans) are now adopting them" So I guess it's official that we are on the bandwagon and have adopted/stolen the Canadian players during this tournament since the Americans have crashed out. How do Canadian posters feel about us "adopting" them? :eek:
Americans upset that they can't get anyone past 3rd round so they'll take the Canadians as 'North Americans'. The Brits also want Bouchard (according to a question from one of her press conferences)

Leave them alone they're ours!

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
Re: Chris McKendry on ESPN on Raonic and Bouchard: "They are no longer Canadians..."

lol it had a sarcastic tone and she laughed afterwords. They know they're Canadian, we know they're Canadian, that's all that matters.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts

:haha:

The Americans have no shame. How can you be trying to cash-in for the credit of your Canadian neighbors producing champions?

Never-the-less; Raonic is a talentless serve-botting bore. Bouchard is a natural, gifted talented girl with a brilliant head on her shoulders and the potential to dominate the next generation of women's tennis alongside Halep. :yeah:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

Canada is not a real country. It's like nessi. I have gone North and traveled through this Canada but I can only see North Texas.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I still remember dick enberg saying when sharapova won in 04 "this is really an american dream". Americans really need to involve themselves.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
21,232 Posts

Isn't Raonic Yugoslavian?

·
Registered
12,644 Posts

Yeah, I saw that too. Chris was kinda cute and there is nothing wrong with Americans supporting Canadians and vice versa :). At the end, we are North Americans and we are better than those cocky Europeans :ras::lol: (just j/k).

·
Registered
21,232 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts

Firstly, congratulations to all Canadians and fans of Canadian tennis players. It really has been quite a remarkable tournament for those who live north of the border.

McKendry is just a standard presenter - she really doesn't know much about tennis aside from how to pronounce the names of the players. She was clearly fooling around when she said that, but I'll admit it disgusted me a little to hear her say that considering how dismally poor the performance of the USTA is. When you start hearing politically-correct TV commentators making jokes aimed at the pathetic state of American tennis, you know we're hurtin' big time.

At least its better than hearing Brad Gilbert say "FUStrated" for the zillionth time.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

You mean without all the guns and rednecks.
You say that like it's a good thing. Big guns = Big balls. FACT :)

·
Registered
2,331 Posts

It was a silly joke BUT the truth is Canadian tennis has on the world stage! USA tennis is in the toilet LOL! Tennis Canada should get a lot of credit for the success of tennis here!! Pospisil is doing awesome too he is in the doubles semifinals with Jack Sock!!!

·
Registered
2,331 Posts

I still remember dick enberg saying when sharapova won in 04 "this is really an american dream". Americans really need to involve themselves.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Yes go to Tennis.com they are so bitter that the Americans did poor at Wimbledon! Some prick named Tignor was trying to dismiss Bouchard and Raonic success and not trying to get Tennis canada credit!!

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

But... :sad:
Listen dude, I get it if you want to make fun of dumb Americans now. There is nothing stupid about the country's history though. What is stupid about American's history? Sure, we have had terrible moments. Slavery and many other things. But we have also great things. To just write off everything this country stands for like that, it's nuts. If you want to make fun of a particular issue in America or it's dumb people, be my guest. But you have no right to judge this country's "history."

1 - 20 of 46 Posts