Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's obviously some threads about commentators, but I still have to make one for Chris Bradnam.

Never been a fan of this guy, but today was pure torture. For some reason I was watching the WTA tournament from Linz and Bradnam was commentating with some other guy. It was just awful. They were talking all the time and laughing about every single thing. It was actually quite awkward and embarrassing. You just feel like saying shut the f*** up!

Bradnam shouldn't be anywhere near a microphone. Thank God it's only WTA.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
think it was him and David Felgate

they were laughing about the length of skirt between Hantchukova and Petra Martic lol

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
I am quite surprised that Leggy Dani hasn't taken out a restraining order on him by now, he's had an unhealthy fixation with her for just about a decade.

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
Yeah, he's a top drawer clown.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gee, this Bradnam is so annoying. I was spending a lazy day at my couch watching some telly and every now and then I switched to Eurosport 2 and they were showing the exho from Adelaide. Bradnam and Felgate were in the booth and it was just utter shit. Here's pretty much how the commentary went:

-Good volley
-HAHHHHAAAHHHHAAAAHHHHAAAAAHHHHAAAAAA

-She's gonna keep him company
-HHAHHHAAAAHHHHAAAAHHHHAAAAHHHAAAAHHHAA
-HHAAHHHAAAHHHHAAAHHHHAAAHHHHAAAHHAHAHHAHAH

-Remember to bring the sun lotion to Melbourne
-HHAHHHAHAHAHAHHHAAAHHHAHHAHHAHHAAHHHHAAAHAHHAHHA

I mean what the hell is going on? It's like some kind of really, really rotten comedy sketch. Just awful. There must be hundreds of complaints from viewers.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
the best commentator i've ever heard is javier frana. quiet but very insightful fella. as a former pro, the dude knows the game quite well both in its psychological as in technical aspects.

GOAT commentator, imo. shame that non-spanish speaking dudes can't hear his wisdom.

from the english speaking world, robbie koenig is kind of funny and some times insightful. not to the level of frana, but then again who is?

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
He's an annoying fella isn't he?

Would be great if he shut up, wouldn't it?
You'd like to have your sunscreen Down Under wouldn't you?
What an amazing opportunity to interview Roger Federer, isn't it?
HAHAHAHA, isn't it? wouldn't it? shouldn't it? couldn't it? fucking it? hfjhdas...

He's an amazingly annoying moron with some horrible verbal mannerisms. Comment the freaking match and stop talking like you're having a 5 o'clock tea at the local geriatric leisure spa, asshole.

·
Registered
13,308 Posts
Fucking hate this ****. I need to get him fired. He is nauseating.

·
Registered
13,308 Posts
Going to keep track of the retarded things this guy says. Will update this post.

1. Thinks Federer likes it better when Nadal hits with depth. Reasons that Federer likes playing half volleys from the baseline instead of taking on short balls.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
Chris Bradnam, Mats Wilander and Simon Reed. That's Eurosport's "top team".

Jason Goodall must cry into his coffee at being a second-stringer behind this bunch of muppets.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I don't get Eurosport, so I've not had the pleasure of hearing Mr. Bradnam, but if he's as big of a tool as Jeff Tarango or Murph Jensen, I'll eat my shirt. They were tagteaming it on ESPN and put me in mind of Beavis and Butthead.

from the english speaking world, robbie koenig is kind of funny and some times insightful. not to the level of frana, but then again who is?
Quite agree, I like Koenig a lot. Cahill is really decent as well.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
Wilander has been on crack these last few matches

unbearable commentating

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Wilander has been on crack these last few matches

unbearable commentating
Actually I found it very funny. Ridiculous type of funny, of course, but still funny. He come up with pretty new crazy rules in this last 2 days.

"When the ball hit more than half line, a player should lose 2 challenges"

"When the ball hits the top of the net, that player shouldn't be allowed to win the point".

And other stiff that I can't remember right now...

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Wilander was unbearable today.
How did this utter clown ever win slams? He's worse than McEnroe. Says one thing, then contradicts it within the next point.
Quite often contradicts himself within one sentence which is priceless.

I nearly shed a tear when he declared Llodra the best volleyer of all time.

Bradnam and Reed are awful too, especially when Murray is playing, but Wilander resides on planet Batshit Insane.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Wilander is fking hilarious! The stuff he comes out with is comical. The man's a complete lunatic.

I do wonder how people who have won major titles can have such an odd reading of the modern game. Anyone in the UK who has seen Sue Barker (French Open champion) present tennis coverage will know what I'm talking about.

And Chris Bradnam? Well, isn't he FABULOUS

1 - 20 of 84 Posts