Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing some of the photos of Chile's celebration over Pakistan in Davis Cup...all I can say is...what a sad, pathetic display...The way they reacted, it looked as if they won the whole cup...Did you see the scores of the matches? Come on... :(

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
Chile is very happy to be back to World Group. I don't see what's wrong with the way they celebrated. Look at how Germany won a match and you'll think they just won the Davis Cup.

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
that was a very important 5 set win in doubles, not the same thing. chile knew it was going to win, there's not point in even playing the tie

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
I watched through the internet - www.tvn.cl had a live stream going. I don't think the celebration was excessive - they ran around the court holding up the flag and Gonzo sprayed champagne around - that is pretty standard for Davis Cup I think. Pakistan beat Thailand earlier this year, I don't think Chile was taking them for granted, and they were glad to get the win, and wanted to share in the celebration with the fans.

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
There's no sure win in Davis Cup. Look at Brazil managed to lost a singles match in day 1. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Lee said:
Look at how Germany won a match and you'll think they just won the Davis Cup.
what comparision now? you mean today?
I hope Tommy and Waske celebrated heavy their hjuuuuge win
Tommy you big five set fighter :worship: he did it again with Waske today to lift Germany :D

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
sawan66278 said:
After seeing some of the photos of Chile's celebration over Pakistan in Davis Cup...all I can say is...what a sad, pathetic display...The way they reacted, it looked as if they won the whole cup...Did you see the scores of the matches? Come on... :(

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEY :mad: Don't call us pathetics!

What's the problem in celebrate it??

You can't go here and post such a stupid thread, We can celebrate the way we want! We're happy and that's all

Shame on you!

Jerks like you shouldnt come here never again

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
I take it that this person has never watched a Davis Cup match before. The reaction was perfectly natural, as DC reactions go.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
SwissMister1 said:
I don't think the celebration was excessive - they ran around the court holding up the flag and Gonzo sprayed champagne around - that is pretty standard for Davis Cup I think.
It is normal celebration. Roge was sprinked with champagne also and they were jumping and screaming

Only thing, for Pakistahns I think liquor is forbidden : so hopefully the Chiliean champagne has not come near them!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What a "great" accomplishment by the Chilean team...truly worthy of national celebration...Let the vino flow over these epic victories!!!!!

1. Fernando GONZALEZ (CHI) def. Aqeel KHAN (PAK) 6-0, 6-0, 6-1

2. Nicolas MASSU (CHI) def. Aisam QURESHI (PAK) 6-2, 7-6(4), 6-1

3. Fernando GONZALEZ / Nicolas MASSU (CHI) def. Aqeel KHAN / Aisam QURESHI (PAK) 6-1, 6-3, 6-0

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
I thought it was a bit overdone, myself, and I only saw the pictures. Celebrating is perfectly fine but that much after that easy a tie? Hmmmm, not loving it.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
By the photos of the reaction, it looks as those these matches will never be forgotten... :haha:

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
with japan ! same thing :)
i dont think chile looked this like an easy tie! hans always said! we should be careful! they can be very dangerous ..this is why they are here

:)

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And the next challenge for Chile...the Cairo School for the Blind... ;)

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
sawan66278 said:
By the photos of the reaction, it looks as those these matches will never be forgotten... :haha:
Well we're in the world gruop again...:)

Hey do your country have a decent team or something?? :lol:
and.. hmm could you plz stop posting no-sense ? thanks

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Note to all Chilean fans, should Chile defeat the Cairo School for the Blind, please limit your celebrations to one, NOT TWO, bottles of champagne...

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
sawan66278 said:
Note to all Chilean fans, should Chile defeat the Cairo School for the Blind, please limit your celebrations to one, NOT TWO, bottles of champagne...
sure, poor guy without a life ;) you're totally right :haha:!

and of course this guy would still have problems if chile beat any country on the world! sooo sad! :haha:

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This has nothing to do with Chile...I'm just in awe of Chile's supreme accomplishment over the legendary tennis power: PAKISTAN!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts