Registered
18,809 Posts
:sad:

·
Registered
11,323 Posts
The greatest chess player of all time.

RIP GM Robert James Fischer.

(Please don't bring up Fischer's personal issues in the past).

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
RIP Fischer. No need to bring his personal issues, he will be remembered for his games and his passion for the game during his best days.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
:sad: :sobbing:

·
Registered
11,323 Posts
It is ironic that GM Fischer died at aged 64.

The number of squares on a chess board.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
i heard he welcomed the 9/11 attacks

he must have been a huge detractor of bush
No...I doubt it, while not really understanding things like the Heisenberg uncertainty principle...(the act of observing creates a change in the observed.--) Yet I understand that celebrities use radical shape-disguising tricks to go out in public.

If Bobby so gave his identity to another, and assumed a different, double life...; I wish him well. (The things I read about him, his antipathy towards the U.S.A...the anti-Semitic statements, never seemed...well, real?)

The 'real?' Bobby Fischer that I met...well, let me say that he was a shrewd businessman; not the type to allow himself to be marginalized to being captured in Japan, and with the only move available to him to go back to Iceland. Yet people will believe...what they want to believe and disregard the rest. [Is that a Simon & Garfunkel lyric? :) ]

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
A great genius and a great idiot in one person lft this world

·
Registered
97,305 Posts
i heard he welcomed the 9/11 attacks

he must have been a huge detractor of bush
He hated America and the Jews, being a Jew himself. Yes, he greeted the attacks with pleasure, not sure but I think all this started when he was arrested by mistake accused of robbing a bank in USA.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
The Seventh Seal is a pretty powerful film.
Indeed it is. It was a great time when people were making ambitious movies that were not boring or supposed to be controversial (but occured to be stupid)

Sorry for the offtopic

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
He hated America and the Jews, being a Jew himself. Yes, he greeted the attacks with pleasure, not sure but I think all this started when he was arrested by mistake accused of robbing a bank in USA.
Gossip: Story was he played the Rematch of the Spassky-Fischer contest of '72 in Yugoslavia (this in '92) in contrast/contraryness?? of the United Nations ban. They came after him...jail in Japan (not fun--); release to Iceland (the only place left for him...allegedly)...and he was always reclusive.--

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Fischer

They...Philadelphia Enquirer??...U.S. Government???...Israel????? didn't like this criticism. ...I came across the Nemenyi story... I don't know whether I believe that, either...

[/gossip]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts