Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Much better. Never broken, serve was much better, a lot less UE's, some amazing winners...so much better than his first round match.

And it only took about an hour. Pretty damn good for Rafa. :lol:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
VERY easy win for Rafa.

Ram had no answer to Raf's game at all - at the very few points in the match where he could've made a shot, he blew it. Some very impressive passing shots by Raf. Also nice to hear how his English has improved during the post-match interview.

PS: Raf's outfit is hideous... :lol:

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Lack of bagel here bring disgrace for Nadal. Shame on you, Rafa

·
Registered
30,480 Posts
Which livestream have you people been watching? I haven't managed to find one that is working well yet...

·
Registered
770 Posts
PS: Raf's outfit is hideous... :lol:
Awww...I like it.

Correction - I really like the shirt. I'm one of the few who likes the design. It's kind of like a double helix that's been ran over by an 18 wheeler...repeatedly. And I love the orange.

The pants, however, need to be burned. I hate the pants NIKE always designs for this part of the year. They have this weird pattern on them. Not to mention the fact that they show unfortunate sweat stains somethin' awful.

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Much better. Never broken, serve was much better, a lot less UE's, some amazing winners...so much better than his first round match.

And it only took about an hour. Pretty damn good for Rafa. :lol:
His 1st round opponent is a star in the making, it was bound to be harder than this :D

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

·
Registered
19,954 Posts
The nice thing about Ram was that although he lacks the experience and the weapons to trouble Rafa, he kept on trying. He probably viewed this as a good learning experience.

But as others would say: "big upset"

I like the outfit but I've always loved orange on him. Granted the design of the shirt is not going to win any fashion awards and the fabric of those pants does not really respond well to transpiration but it's certainly not a hideous outfit for me.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Don't mind the orange at all, it suits him well.

The pants, however, need to be burned. I hatethe pants NIKE always designs for this part of the year. They have this weird pattern on them. Not to mention the fact that they show unfortunate sweat stains somethin' awful.
Heheh. That's what I was hinting at. ;)

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Thanks Karin. This one seems to freeze all the time like the others... :(
Too bad. It's the only one I could find...
Seems like investing in a quad core-computer has payed off for me. :angel:

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Karin- thanks for the feed- it works very well for me. I will wake up early tomorrow and catch some glimpses of the matches.

I do wish Rafa would switch up his look. It was kind of fun in 2005- but I think it is tired now. I think he looks good in not-too loose t-shirts and even the nice polo styles that he often wears off court. You can still see that he has some nice arm action- but it is a more mature look. And regular shorts- enough of the longer shorts! He is getting older and I wish Nike would update his look- because I think it has gotten stale.

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Karin- thanks for the feed- it works very well for me. I will wake up early tomorrow and catch some glimpses of the matches.

I do wish Rafa would switch up his look. It was kind of fun in 2005- but I think it is tired now. I think he looks good in not-too loose t-shirts and even the nice polo styles that he often wears off court. You can still see that he has some nice arm action- but it is a more mature look. And regular shorts- enough of the longer shorts! He is getting older and I wish Nike would update his look- because I think it has gotten old.
Agreed. Time to give him a bit of a grown-up look. Nike won't ever do that though. They depend too heavily on him being the opposite of Federer. Sigh.

It was a good match though. Hard to tell Rafa's form when he's playing an opponent like Ram, but I'm liking how Rafa's return of serve is looking.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
A side question: is this surface the Plexicushion surface they will be using at the AO. I know all the lead up tourneys are supposed to be using this surface.

And, you HAVE to love the desi accents of the commentators. Just now, one of the commentators yelled, "Oh Please!!!" after an error by Haase...classic.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Time to give him a bit of a grown-up look.
What do you suggest? Not that I'm a fashion maven, but I really don't know what I would recommend. DEFINITELY NOT: a shirt with collars.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I'd be fine with Rafa never wearing Piratas again. Not because he doesn't look good in them, he does. He's the only player who really has the body for them, which is the main reason the other NIKE players stopped wearing them. Very few can do them justice.

However, it's just the first half of the season now. I LOVE the long, slim-line shorts he wears starting at Wimbledon. I think they're genius. I'd prefer to see them all year long. He looks fantastic in those.

I like the sleeveless shirts. He's not too old to wear those - look at Carlos Moya! They did have him wear a collared sleeveless one time, or a sleeveless polo I suppose. He looked great in that, IMO. He grew up wearing t-shirts and polos when he played. But I think it's fine the way it is.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts