Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
48,543 Posts
Some big balls from both men here, Sugita especially, marone.

Dodig would be proud.

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
Great match, love Sugita's attitude.

Shame Mugro (one of the worst top 10 players I've ever seen) had to win this, but good fight from him nonetheless.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
What a great match!

Well done to both guys, it was just impossible not to cheer for Sugita today :) At least for me. He has shown his potential, hopefully he can reach top 50 by the end of this year...

Reactions: Chirag

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Great handshake at the net... Another gem to download and seed for days, that match. :worship:

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Probably the best match since US Open final 2011. Now, in comparison to this, Nadal Monfils match up looks like Futures event. :D

Reactions: Chirag

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
great match. I thought almagro was stinking it up but then i saw that both men were playing some really good stuff. Yuichi played well above his rank

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Best match of the first week.

I hope highlights will be availbale, the point of 2-0 for Almagro in the tie break was just incredible. and the way he saved the second MP with that shot on the line.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts

I hope highlights will be availbale, the point of 2-0 for Almagro in the tie break was just incredible. and the way he saved the second MP with that shot on the line.
That was very lucky shot, the one before that one, one of those matches where the wrong player won.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
wow, judging by the livescore, I thought it was usual Nico mugathon, but reading the replies here.. is there anywhere I can see the video or at least highlights?

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
I’m excited for Sugita, hope he can achieve more and more in 2012 because he has potential.
He must’ve worked very hard in the off season, that jumping overhead smash was amazing.
The height he got on the jump from his 5’8” frame is tremendous.
After he lost the 2nd set with match point(s?), and trailed 1-5 in the final set I thought it was routine victory for Almagro, but great come back winning 3 games straight even though he lost in the end.

I love his fight, his attitude (so gracious at the net after a tough loss), officially my 2nd favourite Japanese player after Kei.

And well done to Almagro for making it an incredible match, he was also showing respect for his opponent afterwards.

The only thing I would like to see from Sugita might be a bit more variety, maybe a drop shot at one of the bps instead of all the work at the baseline but that’s where he’s comfortable and produced many great shots today.

·
A happy person
44,893 Posts
:lol: :lol: I didn't enjoy this match at all, I was sure Nico loses it especially in the second set of course, but the end of third one was a catastrophe as well..

I feel sorry for this Japan guy, all the best for him. :hug:

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
What a great match!

Well done to both guys, it was just impossible not to cheer for Sugita today :) At least for me. He has shown his potential, hopefully he can reach top 50 by the end of this year...
His first goal should be to break in the top 200 ;)

Anyway, really a very entertaining match with a lot of good points. Sugita's forehand is massive.
Almagro finally showed some heart and will to turn things around when he saved those match points, I didn't expect that from him.
Still, I hope Raonic beats him and eventually wins the title. :)

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
very impressive performance by sugita, at 23 he is not the youngest anymore but if he develops himself i could see him rise up in the rankings.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts