Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FAA just couldn't handle Tomics variation, serve and overall GOATness. Classic beatdown.

·
Registered
26,080 Posts
I'm sure everyone agrees it's always fair when the qualifier beats the lucky loser. I turned on late, but it seemed Bernard tanked the last few return games due to dominance.

One more win should already put him in the AO main draw! :D On top of that, he should get another chance for big points with an SE for next week.

·
Registered
958 Posts
FAA taking 28 seconds between points on serve and maybe 15 seconds between first and second serve. If this is not related to hid medical condition, then it's really dumb, cause he made 8 double faults compared to Tomic's 0...and they came in bad moments too. Good win for TomiK, he looks focused (for his standards)!

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Oh well, the good may have lost the battle, but it will win the war. :p

Felix was so incredibly nervous, it was painful to watch. Tomic was casually toying with him. The result was NID regardless, though.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
If Tomic keeps working he'll be top 20 in no time. That's a big if however.
One more win should already put him in the AO main draw! :D On top of that, he should get another chance for big points with an SE for next week.
Bernie's thoughts: "Time to party!" - Let's hope not. :O
Tomic crossed himself before the handshake. Is he religious, or was he taking the piss?
He's Catholic.

·
Registered
57,598 Posts
Tomic's luck to get (close to) back into the top 100 has been insane :lol: Look who he's beat. I don't think him becoming a relevant player again if he keeps trying is a sure thing

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Not the performance today that Felix was looking for.

But still a successful week to take advantage of the LL and move closer to the top 100.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
The crossing himself after the win illustrates how much Tomic really wants to get back to being a contender and a relevant player on the Tour. very very good sign.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts