Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My favourite player, the nicest guy on the ATP tour, and owner of the best sideburns in sport...:cool:

good luck in the second round of Amsterdam after a handy win over 6th seed Fernado Gonzalez in the first...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Plus, I should have mentioned, one of the few Spaniards to do well at doubles, here he is with Alex:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Good luck Joan :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Suerte Joan!!!!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
boo! bad luck today for Joan; after beating Flavio Saretta 6/2 7/5 in the second round, he lost 7/6(7) 6-3 to Juan-Ignacio Chela in the QFs. Not a bad week though, all in all.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Suerte!!!!! :D

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Suerte!!!

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Appologies for my ignorance on the matter, but is it 'Joan' or 'Juan'?

Or are they the same thing, but one is in Spanish, and the other is Anglo-sized?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Joan is the Catalan way of saying Juan, and is pronounced like the English girls name Joanne, rather than Joan...;)

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
just to make thing clear i saw him first - so glad i am not the only one who likes him

·
Banned
147 Posts
joan is such a cutie. very pleasing personality indeed. he likes to make the fans happy by playing nice tennis.

i hope he can keep his ranking up and maybe get a few wins on the hardcourts......

and nice to see some fellow JB fans on here......

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually, I saw him first, but never mind ;)

Is he injured right now, does anyone have any news? He hasnt played any US open warm-ups to the best of my knowledge.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
he is in the semis in geneva challanger

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Black Forest Open 2002
Freudenstadt, Germany
August 26-September 1, 2002
Clay - $25,000+H

Quarterfinals
(8)Didac Perez (ESP) d. (1)Juan Balcells (ESP) 7-5 4-6 6-1

Semifinals
(1)Juan Balcells/Yuri Schukin (ESP/RUS) d. Mario Radic/Juan Albert Viloca (CRO/ESP) 6-0 6-4

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont really understand what he's doing playing all these challengers when he could have been in New York. :confused:

·
Banned
147 Posts
i think he wants to play on the clay to earn a few points. i'm not sure he would get direct entry to NY anyway, as the cut was close to his entry rank.

good luck in bucuresti, joan. Norok!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
bump!

Not a good for Joan so far, so I bumped this in case everyone forgets who he is...

three losses so far, to Noam Okun (ISR ) 5-7 4-6 in Chennai,
Lars Burgsmuller (GER) at 4-6 5-7 5-7 Oz Open and Paul Goldstien 2-6 6-2 3-6 at San Jose. This week he's defending finalist at Scottsdale and has to qualify...grr)

Time to step it for the clay!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts