Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My favourite player, the nicest guy on the ATP tour, and owner of the best sideburns in sport...:cool:

good luck in the second round of Amsterdam after a handy win over 6th seed Fernado Gonzalez in the first...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Plus, I should have mentioned, one of the few Spaniards to do well at doubles, here he is with Alex:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Good luck Joan :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Suerte Joan!!!!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
boo! bad luck today for Joan; after beating Flavio Saretta 6/2 7/5 in the second round, he lost 7/6(7) 6-3 to Juan-Ignacio Chela in the QFs. Not a bad week though, all in all.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Suerte!!!!! :D

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Suerte!!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Joan is the Catalan way of saying Juan, and is pronounced like the English girls name Joanne, rather than Joan...;)

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
just to make thing clear i saw him first - so glad i am not the only one who likes him

·
Banned
147 Posts
joan is such a cutie. very pleasing personality indeed. he likes to make the fans happy by playing nice tennis.

i hope he can keep his ranking up and maybe get a few wins on the hardcourts......

and nice to see some fellow JB fans on here......

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually, I saw him first, but never mind ;)

Is he injured right now, does anyone have any news? He hasnt played any US open warm-ups to the best of my knowledge.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
he is in the semis in geneva challanger

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Black Forest Open 2002
Freudenstadt, Germany
August 26-September 1, 2002
Clay - $25,000+H

Quarterfinals
(8)Didac Perez (ESP) d. (1)Juan Balcells (ESP) 7-5 4-6 6-1

Semifinals
(1)Juan Balcells/Yuri Schukin (ESP/RUS) d. Mario Radic/Juan Albert Viloca (CRO/ESP) 6-0 6-4

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont really understand what he's doing playing all these challengers when he could have been in New York. :confused:

·
Banned
147 Posts
i think he wants to play on the clay to earn a few points. i'm not sure he would get direct entry to NY anyway, as the cut was close to his entry rank.

good luck in bucuresti, joan. Norok!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
bump!

Not a good for Joan so far, so I bumped this in case everyone forgets who he is...

three losses so far, to Noam Okun (ISR ) 5-7 4-6 in Chennai,
Lars Burgsmuller (GER) at 4-6 5-7 5-7 Oz Open and Paul Goldstien 2-6 6-2 3-6 at San Jose. This week he's defending finalist at Scottsdale and has to qualify...grr)

Time to step it for the clay!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts