Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Super book...Anyone hear about this or read it? I loved it. First book that shows the far less glamourous side of pro tennis...

At 34 years of age, Gregory Howe quit teaching in London to chase his childhood dream of becoming a world-ranked tennis professional. He started his year-long journey in the minor leagues, playing across four continents, as far afield as Bangkok, Kampala and Lahore, initially struggling against younger, fitter aspiring pros. Breaking through to the elite ATP tour, he got within volleying distance of some of the greats of the modern game. Eventually, he managed to juggle competing on the ATP tour with holding down a nine-to-five job. Along the way he encountered almost everything the tennis world has to offer, from rising stars racing to the top, to players whose hopes are slowly being shattered. Chasing Points: A Season on the Pro Tennis Circuit offers a rare behind-the-scenes glimpse into the life of a touring tennis professional from the perspective of a real ‘underdog’.

https://www.tennis-prose.com/articles/scoop/biofile-gregory-howe-interview/

·
Your visions will happen
47,141 Posts
Career high ranking at age 36 :yeah:

Gonna prob read the book too

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If Malek Jaziri didn't pull out of that Futures with the foot injury, chances are Howe never gets his ATP point. Really an amazing story of dedication and perseverance.

·
Your visions will happen
47,141 Posts
Bout 61% of the way through it, fucking awesome shit, love it, great inspiration

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
I read it last summer, was good fun. I expected even crazier and weirder stories though, the lower future tour came across as relatively civilized.

·
Your visions will happen
47,141 Posts
Finished it. Fuck what a story. Loved every bit of it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts