Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
There are a lot of legendary American cinema actors and actresses, mostly deceased, I greatly admire. Folks like James Stewart, Henry Fonda, Gary Cooper, Myrna Loy, William Powell, Jean Arthur, Carole Lombard, the list could go on and on. But Charlton Heston is not one of them.

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
Heston was a great actor but his personality was pathetic. He has lost many fans when he joined the NRA.

There are a lot of legendary American cinema actors and actresses, mostly deceased, I greatly admire. Folks like James Stewart, Henry Fonda, Gary Cooper, Myrna Loy, William Powell, Jean Arthur, Carole Lombard, the list could go on and on. But Charlton Heston is not one of them.
where's the king of hollywood?

·
Registered
20,460 Posts

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
People look far too much into that, gun's aren't the source of deaths, people are, if guns were abolished then people would find another way to kill, using knives, people are the problem and not particularly the guns. Although in a way it probably did encourage maniacs.

Charlton :worship:

·
Registered
20,460 Posts
People look far too much into that, gun's aren't the source of deaths, people are, if guns were abolished then people would find another way to kill, using knives, people are the problem and not particularly the guns. Although in a way it probably did encourage maniacs.
Right... and nuclear weapons aren't source of deaths, people are

·
Registered
20,460 Posts
No just like guns don't assemble themselves. That doesn't mean that NRA slogan isn't just propaganda, just because you need people to shoot guns doesn't mean you should allow people to have one.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
While I agree with most of the actors you listed being great, that does not mean the Charlton Heston must measure up to them. He had some great roles and did them very well to the point that people cannot imagine anyone else playing them better (Ben-Hur , Ten Commandments, etc.)

We each have our own taste, but you cannot deny his talent regardless if he was not your cup of tea. Furthermore, this thread is more about his love of tennis and his ability to play at a decent level.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just because he played tennis is no reason to put this thread in GM :rolleyes: anyway I'm not gonna cry for someone who was the president of the NRA...
So if I understand you correctly, you lose any sympathy or empathy with someone just because of one aspect of their life you disagree with :confused:
Mr. Heston was a man among men, and had many other facets to his life other than supporting the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution. If nothing else you should feel a kinship with him for being an ambassador for tennis and his love of the game.

No just like guns don't assemble themselves. That doesn't mean that NRA slogan isn't just propaganda, just because you need people to shoot guns doesn't mean you should allow people to have one.
Allow people to have one :confused:

Aside from the fact our Constitution allows every law abiding citizen to own a firearm, who would you like to decide which people are "allowed" to own one and which ones aren't? Keep in mind that our Founding Fathers knew what tyranny absolute power can bring. They wanted to insure that no government or ruling class could force average citizens to do things against their will or take away their freedom. Keep in mind that without the 2nd Amendment, the other parts of the Constitution could be reduced to nothing more than ink on paper. The ability to keep ones freedom gives meaning to all the other things you probably agree with.

`

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.