Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Re: Match for Africa (Showmatch between Roger and Rafa) on December 21st in Zürich

This is about the only way they will ever play each other.

When is the last time they've played each other (in an non-exo)?

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
Re: Match for Africa (Showmatch between Roger and Rafa) on December 21st in Zürich

When is the last time they have met again?
Like 3-4 months ago in Madrid :shrug: Not too out of the ordinary

·
Registered
2,725 Posts

When is the last time they have met again?
Madrid final.

Anyway, I'm desperate to go! Respect to both of them as well especially since it's in the middle of the holiday/training offseason.

·
Registered
44,896 Posts

Couldn't they have gotten two better players?

·
Registered
2,443 Posts

Like 3-4 months ago in Madrid :shrug: Not too out of the ordinary
First time they had met since the same tournament in 2009. And Rafa vs. Rog (or anyone else for that matter) on the clay isn't exactly a nail biter.

Looks like they probably won't meet again until AO at the earliest and probably not until 2011 clay season (unless Nadal surprises us at the US Open. Because we all know neither Nadal nor Federer will be making the finals of the TMC or the remaining 1000 events).

·
Can't be bothered anymore
23,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Couldn't they have gotten two better players?
You don't have to pay attention to the match if you don't want to but for people in the German speaking countries such a match, even if it is only a showmatch, is something special as you probably will never get to see Roger and Rafa playing together at a tournament in Germany, Switzerland or Austria.

It is a nice gesture that they take their time so shortly before Christmas to do this event.

·
23,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I am just reading a comment in the Swiss newspaper BLICK which says that apparently there will be a match for Rafa's foundation on December 22nd in Madrid...

·
Registered
1,404 Posts

Wether you like them or not this is definitely the best tennis match you can see in almost the last 10 years.
It's great to see that despite all the rumours, fan clashes and other bullsh*t both guys simply respect each other as tennis players and more important, as person.
The gesture of playing each other for such a cause only makes their legacy even bigger :worship::worship:

·
Registered
2,945 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

Respect. *clenched fist*

Hope I get to catch it some how living here in South Florida.

·
Registered
614 Posts

I want to go so bad i really hopethe ticket prices will be somehow affordable. Im willing to pay 250$ a ticket.

·
Faithful Txurigorri
24,903 Posts

I'm so going to the Madrid match :D

·
23,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

According to Swiss media the match was sold out within a few minutes. Even faster as an additional concert of U2 in 2001.

Apparently they could have sold that many tickets that even the huge Maracana Stadion in Rio de Janeiro wouldn't have been big enough.

There are no official statements from IMG or the agency where you could get the tickets.

Original source: http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/zuerich/region/FedererNadal-im-Hallenstadion-Spiel-innert-Minuten-ausverkauft/story/10049256

Tickets are meanwhile offered of course for a very high price on the internet, for example here http://www.ricardo.ch/search/search.asp?txtSearch=federer nadal&Catg=1&InTitleAndDesc=1&Zip=&ZipRange=0&txtPrixMin=&txtPrixMax=&ListingType=0 :rolleyes:

·
♥ eve ♥
40,985 Posts

Did you get a ticket Doris? :hug: Of course I couldn't get any... :awww: :sad:

·
23,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Did you get a ticket Doris? :hug:
Yes :)

Of course I couldn't get any... :awww: :sad:
Sorry about this :awww: I hope you will be able to get a ticket through the internet somehow :) Maybe people will offer cheap tickets also and not try to make money out of selling tickets.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts