Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who is the most charismatic player in the ATP??

• Hewitt

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Agassi

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • Federer

Votes: 32 15.6%
  • Nadal

Votes: 39 19.0%
  • Safin

Votes: 88 42.9%
  • Other

Votes: 15 7.3%
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Rafa = Fed Killa said:
Federer, Nadal & Hewitt don't know what charisma is? :confused:

Then how come Nadal has the 2nd most votes, Federer the 3rd most votes.

People in MTF seem to believe they are charismatic.
people vote for their favorites. the question doesnt matter

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
From this list I would choose Marat. Otherwise, it would have to be Goran in my opinion.

·
Registered
262 Posts
No one has really been charismatic on the atp tour since John McEnroe i think :)

·
Registered
985 Posts
nadal or federer----

·
POWER...UNLIMITED...POWER
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Rex I didn't want to do a Nadal or Fed poll because it would bring out the Ninja loving, Fed = Jesus Nadal bashers.

·
Registered
192 Posts
it's marat.. but i think too that carlos moya should be among the choices. :)

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
mdhubert said:
You know I've often heard that in the locker room players were impressed by Sampras, he had an aura, we can call it "magnetism". Now maybe you know him better than the ATP pros, but I have my doubts.
When a guy throws up in a 5th set tie-break and goes on to play with courage and determination, he can arouse "fervent popular devotion". Ask Djokovic what he would have done in this case... :devil:
Wasn't the first time nor the last time Sampras threw up on the court. Some people think it was a ploy.

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
As far as charisma goes I think there are several.

Nadal certainly. He's had charisma from the first time I saw him even before he was sucessful. Guga radiates charisma. Andre has that star power too. I think Lleyton also has it. He just seems to have a spotlight on him when he plays.

I think Federer has become more charismatic with his success. He now has a certain confidence and bearing that gives him an aura -- even on the practice courts. He didn't always have it though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
joyk said:
Totally agree.When I saw Federer,Nadal and Hewitt in the poll I thought you were making fun of them.
And Andy has more charisma than those three? I am an American, but I just don't see more charisma fuming out of Andy. And Andre doesn't have the charisma of his younger days.

Oh, and it is obvious by the result of the poll that Safin has the most charisma at this point. I would agree with that.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I think one of the most charasmatic players on the tour has to be the double A, just to see his face when he wins a match, especially the Blake match, watching him jumping round the court with a massive smile on his face.

Andre Agassi ALL THE WAY!!!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Im voting for Marat. I agree that Andy shoulda been on the list. I still would of voted for Marat, but andy should be there. You cant help but love marat, even when hes in a bad mood.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Rafa = Fed Killa said:
Rex I didn't want to do a Nadal or Fed poll because it would bring out the Ninja loving, Fed = Jesus Nadal bashers.
Coming from someone with that username, this is rich in the extreme. No sir, I'm genuinely interested in a charisma contest featuring the top players, I'm not trying to provoke anyone at all!

Reactions: mandoura

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
pinky said:
No one has really been charismatic on the atp tour since John McEnroe i think :)
i'm trying to imagine under what definition jackass mac would be charismatic. :scared:

i think james blake is another player who is very charismatic.

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
Rafa = Fed Killa said:
as opposed to bringing out all those who see nadal as the second coming?

·
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
No Nadal fan calls Nadal JC but a lot of Fed fans call Fed JC.
Not sure how people see Nadal as the second coming when only Fed fans make Jesus comparisons. :confused:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
If I am not mistaken, the whole JC = fed comparison was started by a non-Fed fan, and it was used to make fun of all the articles praising Roger. So I am not sure where you got the idea of JC = Fed as a compliment for Fed.

·
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
My mistake if the above is true, but it seemed like Fed fans are proud of the parallel. So what do Fed fans call him. Ninja? Fed Express?

61 - 80 of 87 Posts