Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who is the most charismatic player in the ATP??

• Hewitt

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Agassi

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • Federer

Votes: 32 15.6%
  • Nadal

Votes: 39 19.0%
  • Safin

Votes: 88 42.9%
  • Other

Votes: 15 7.3%
21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
jtipson said:
his game, his dominance, his mental strength, but his charisma?
If you play like crap and you're a choker there's little chance people define you as "charismatic", so charisma must be based on some of the stuff above, plus physical presence I think Sampras had with his bulky frame and honorable height.
jtipson said:
And I don't understand the reference to Djokovic.
Djokovic recently took 5 medical breaks in one match against Monfils, while in Pete-Corretja match in 96' the umpire wanted to stop the match because Pete was obviously sick but the latter went on to play. Just a little joke and another ground on which you build charisma or... greatness.
Now to end on a positive and consensual note, I find Agassi much more charismatic as I mentioned before (though it's not confirmed by the poll).

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
mdhubert said:
If you play like crap and you're a choker there's little chance people define you as "charismatic", so charisma must be based on some of the stuff above, plus physical presence I think Sampras had with his bulky frame and honorable height.
Not true. Safin often plays crap and chokes, but quite a lot of people rate him as "charismatic". How about Ivanisevic, too?

Sampras is only as tall as Tim Henman (although a little bit heavier build), so he really can't have been physically imposing to the average male tennis player.

I guess we have to agree to disagree on this. :)

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
I am a Fed fan but Marat definitely has more charisma than Federer. By the way, Fed has more charisma than Rafa.

·
POWER...UNLIMITED...POWER
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well Agassi was always more popular than Sampras, even though Sampras was the top player. That does not seem very charismatic.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Of the players on your list, Safin without question.

I think Roddick should be nominated instead of (or as well as) Hewitt and, inspite of their low rankings, El Aynoui and Guga should be there.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Rafa & Marat
Andre is a legend!

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
the most charismatic is ivanisevic but my vote goes to roger from all the people on this list.

Reactions: MariaV

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Andy and Marat.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Karlovic is the most charismatic by far...

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
For me, Bjorn Borg was the epitome of charisma. What do you think ? jtipson ?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Of those choices I went for Marat. But I would have picked Andy or Carlos over him if they were on the list.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Agassi by far. People love him for his achievements, for his game but most of all for his personality. Then maybe Roddick, Gaudio and Grosjean.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
yes marat

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Safin...that crazy bastard!!!

21 - 40 of 87 Posts