1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANFHy-VeJxI

It was right because it was Chang...

Chang -> Smart play
Hingis -> bitch

I think it's a smart play, just to surprise, to keep the guy at the other side of the net thinking you could come up with some trick again... just mental play, not bad.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'd forgotten how funny it was at the time. Sneaky, but funny! :devil:

·
Registered
11,323 Posts
Chang was dead tired against the fit Lendl.

Smart play.

The match was great with that serve and Chang standing near the service line when Lendl was serving.

Took balls to stand up to the intimidating Lendl at only 17.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I think it´s usually not too fair to use something like that, but in Chang´s case, he was exhausted, cramps etc. He had to do whatever he could to disturb Lendl´s rhythm. So smart play!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Chang :hearts:

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
It was a great tactic

Also loved when he was standing right near the service line aswell

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
Considering Chang's situation, where the whole crowd was basically rooting for him after seeing him hit some incredible shots while cramping, his was a pretty smart play to mess Lendl up

In Hingis' situation, the whole crowd was already against her for going onto Graf's side, and yes she still wanted to win the match, but didn't she do it twice? It certainly didn't help her as the crowd got on her case more

·
Registered
8 Posts
I personally don't like Chang. I think his personality on the court is horrible and he can do much better with it.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
His shoulder was blown! Give him a break. He couldn't serve overhand.

Chang is a legend. Great guy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great play! Are you kidding me? Of course great play! Against Lendl, go watch it again. The funniest part is how pissed Lendl gets, big baby. Chang was all cramped up... LOL! Respect Chang. After all, he's still the youngest player ever to have won Roland Garros.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts