Mens Tennis Forums banner

Percentage chance?

• 1-15%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 91-99%

• We're getting one for sure! Down with the system!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last five slams:
AO 2019 - Two LG / NG in semifinals (Pouille and Tsitsipas), both lost there.
RG 2019 - One LG / NG in finals (Thiem), won a set.
WIM 2019 - No LG / NG in semis.
USO 2019 - Three LG / NG in semis (Dimitrov, Berrettini, Medvedev); the last one reached the finals and lost in 5 sets.
AO 2020 - Two LG / NG in semis (Zverev and Thiem); the latter reached the finals and lost in 5 sets.

The walls are breaking down. Last two slams, it seems all they've needed is a finishing shot, but the ammunition ran out right at the last moment. Will the Big 3 be able to hold off the siege until 2021, or will we have NG / LG claim the castle soon?

Please don't turn this into a debate of who belongs to what gen. It's been done to death and is a discussion killer

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
I guess they will manage 1 slam this year. Fed is done winning I think and I doubt Nadal/Nole win the remaining 3 this year. Someone will snatch one

·
Registered
16,915 Posts
Delpo's and Murray's careers are basically finished; Cilic and Wawrinka are just a mere shadow of their former slam winning selves.
That leaves us just Big3 to hold off Thiem and NextGen to win slams in the near future.

As for this year, their best chance will be USO. There their chance (with the Olympic year when Big3 will – for the last time in their career – shift their emphasis there to win another Gold in singles) could be like 65%.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts