Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here, you can post an ATP final in which there was a CHAMPIONSHIP point saved... let's try to find the most possible!!

-2002 Siebel Open - Lleyton Hewitt def. Andre Agassi 4-6, 7-6(6), 7-6(4) - 2 championship points

-2002 Brazil Open - Gustavo Kuerten def. Guillermo Coria 6-7(4), 7-5, 7-6(2) - 1 championship point saved

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Didn't Muster beat Becker in a big clay-court final once where Becker led two sets to love and had a match point in the third, only to see Muster come back and win it 6-0 in the fifth? This may actually have been Miami or Rome, I can't remember which, but I do remember that Becker called Muster "a good actor" afterwards, in reference to Muster having collapsed the day before after his semi-final, needing hospital treatment and looking doubtful to play the match at all. To say the least, Muster didn't appreciate his comments.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Just ATP tournaments? I can think of a couple WTA tourneys recently:

- Schnyder def. Davenport 6-7, 7-6, 6-3 in Zurich '02 (saving one mp in the 2nd set tiebreak :()
- Daniilidou def. Cho in Auckland '03 (saving a couple mps in the final set :))

and of course..
- Capriati def. Hingis 4-6, 7-6, 6-2 in AO '02 (saving 4 big mps :()
- Venus def. Capriati 4-6, 6-1, 7-6 in Miami '01 (saving 8 mps :eek: )

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Goran saved match points against rusedski in a third set tiebreaker in vienna (he was down 6-3 i think). he won the match in five sets :D

·
Registered
18,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
leo let's stay in ATP, because in WTA there are tons of matches lol..

·
Registered
448 Posts
Sjengster said:
Didn't Muster beat Becker in a big clay-court final once where Becker led two sets to love and had a match point in the third, only to see Muster come back and win it 6-0 in the fifth? This may actually have been Miami or Rome, I can't remember which, but I do remember that Becker called Muster "a good actor" afterwards, in reference to Muster having collapsed the day before after his semi-final, needing hospital treatment and looking doubtful to play the match at all. To say the least, Muster didn't appreciate his comments.

That was in Monte-Carlo (95?) but Becker kind of wasted his match point because he tried to hit an ace on a second serve and double-faulted lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts