Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It is currently in a rain delay. They are just now showing coverage on ESPN. This was from about an hour ago (2-1 Hewitt serving up a break) and it looked pretty ominous even then.

They have not said when they will resume play. The stadium is empty--there are no fans, anything. I'll try to keep you up to date on what's going on.

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, Moya has already been broken, and he's made about twice as many errors than Hewitt. His serves are missing (he hasn't hit a first serve in this game, I don't think), he's making some really dumb errors. Remember, this is at 3-1 Hewitt.

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carlos is moving casually around the court--a little too casually for playing against Hewitt, you know what I mean? But he's running everything down. I'm wondering if the thunder and strong possibility of rain is distracting him a little.

Moya gets the break back on a Hewitt double fault. Now it's 3-all.

The Potato looks just as intense and focused as ever, I think that goes without saying.

Patt & Cliff are drooling all over Hewitt :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, now that Carlos has gotten the break back, he's moving better. His serve is still horrible (another double, the third according the graphics guy). But he's starting to hit will a little more purpose. Moya holds for 4-3.

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's as dark as night now, and there have been some rain drops as Hewitt serves. Hewitt holds at love for 4-all.

Moya faults his first serve, and Hewitt says, "Let's leave".

LMAO at the people drying the court. There are about 15 people on each side. They're saying it won't be long before they resume play.

While they wait, they are going to show Sportscenter :rolleyes:

·
Banned
136 Posts
Question: When they get back, does Moya have to serve a 2nd serve? or does he start at a first serve because of the long interruption?

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No info on my end. Believe me, this is getting really annoying, because sportscenter is starting to repeat news.

They were drying the court an hour ago, no news since then.

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is 6:38 pm in Cincinnati right now.

Apparently it started raining again, and is pouring as I type. I guess if it doesn't stop raining before the end of the day, they will postpone the match until tomorrow. Hewitt has a bye in the first round in Indianapolis, and I don't think Carlos is playing a tournament next week.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Moya just won the first set 7-5!!!!!!!! :D

1 - 20 of 70 Posts