Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following Troicki's grind in the (Cortina) challenger qualies, I saw this on Twitter:

enrico maria riva ‏@enricomariariva 4h

Went to see Troicki Giacalone in Cortina today. They asked for 10€. For a quali match. Of a challenger. I left
That's $13.5 or £8, is that usual price? The match wasn't too bad (not great by any means, but I've seen worse), but it's still just the CH qualies and the stands were like 90% empty from what I saw, maybe even more, few people here and there. Yet the price doesn't seem very 'friendly', does that make sense?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
The Granby Challenger last weekend was charging $30 on the sunday. So basically $30 to see Fabrice Martin vs Hiroki Moriya...I can't believe they were serious. You can get a grounds pass to the Rogers Cup for the same price the first couple rounds or go watch the qualies for free, which I'm not even sure if either are high enough to enter.

·
Registered
26,080 Posts
Were there some main draw matches postponed due to rain? At least the Volandri match was on the two sets, maybe some more on the original schedule.

I would say 10 € is the usual price for a challenger main draw day. Sometimes a bit more for the final weekend.

Tampere even charged 20 € a day last week, and their entry list is not good at all. This would be something to complain about, but 10 € in a country like Italy is no reason to complain.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Tennis prices in general are ridiculous. I can get a ticket to a San Antonio Spurs regular season NBA game for as little as $7.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Barranquilla's challenger it is free entry,and they had players like Klizan, Cuevas, Ungur, Ramos, Zeballos last year. And i don't know but i guess its free in all the pro tournaments in Colombia except for Bogotá.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I get challengers struggle to stay solvent but the game will never grow and expand with inconsistent prices like this discouraging people from showing up

·
Registered
413 Posts
Bratislava challenger is for free (at least the first few rounds) and they always have quality players and top-notch courts. 10€ is just a rip-off.

·
Your visions will happen
47,139 Posts
Sarasota 1st round qualies was 5 USD.

I saw it rose over the week, 10 USD for early rounds, like 15 for finals.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
In Hamburg you only pay for center court and qualies are completly free...

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I often watch Challenger matches online, and indeed in the first rounds the seats are mostly empty, except when a local player is on the court. But that's also true of many ATP and WTA tournaments.

On the other hand, I don't think a $10 ticket (usually for one day, not one match only) will deter people from watching. Even if the entry is free, people still need to make the effort of going to the tournament, take half a day off, drive and park their car, buy food and drink on site, etc. It's not a small ticket price that makes much of a difference.

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
All challengers (only 2 of them at the moment) in the UK are free for the whole tournament. Same goes for most futures, although I think a couple charge £5 for the final.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Bump. Helsinki challenger has ticket prices for the sunday final 22,5€

Anyone visited challenger finals this year? Price per ticket?

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Generally free. If there is a charge it means sponsorship must suck

1 - 18 of 18 Posts